Oil Filter Selection

husker525

Does anyone know if the oil filter for the FZ6R is the same as the R6 or FZ6 filter?

This bike is so new that my cross referencing resources are lacking.

Thanks in advance... If they are the same, I may be able to offer some trick high performance oil filters at a very reasonable price to FZ6R members.

KenS

I have a new oil filter in hand right now, mechanic said most of them take the same filter. But, for what it's worth, part no. 5GH-13440-20, fits the following bikes along with our FZ6R:
YFZ-R1 (07); YFZ-R6 (06); FZ1-S (06); FZ1-N (06); FZ6-S (07); FZ6-N (07), then it says "etc." so sounds like the mechanic was on to something when he said this filter fits most of the yamaha sportbikes.

husker525

Excellent information Gents....With that being said, I can get Amsoil oil filters. I use their filters in my quads and personal vehicles, just had not started using them with my bike. I know that they are high quality filters, with excellent filtration.

The filters do not have a nut welded on the end, like some of the other brands, but for $10 at your Yamaha dealer, you can get the correct wrench to fit our filters, so no more screwdriver and punch removal technique.

For those of you with the BLING factor...you can have an all chrome filter option available too.