Ninja EX250 mirrors V Stock

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

rahuljp

Hey Bert... how far can these mirrors fold out of the way? When my bike is not in use, I put it one corner of the garage, and folding the stock mirrors helps me get real close to the wall... I wanted to know if its possible with these as well!

Thanks!!

bajetzkie

finally! a mirror that actually looks great!

where can i get these? and will any Ninja EX250 mirrors work? or does it have to be a specific year? my only concern is mounting. im not a DIY type of guy and i hate drilling holes...

its unfortunate that yamaha still didnt address this rabbit ears issue...

Bert-Aus

bajetzkie -any of those links looks right to me, although the first link doesn't show the back of mirror?

rahuljp -I haven't tested the fold (I dont want to jiggle them too much as to loosen the mount points) but they are shorter than stock and sit only slightly forward of the peak of my windshield (when looking from side profile)

raven6r

Yesterday I ordered a pair of the tuner ones. I'll let you guys know what I think of them when they arrive. The oem Kawasaki ones are probably the best but for the price I thought I would try these.

Bert-Aus

So these mirrors will fit with no modifications or drilling required?
Absolutley, 10mm ratchet is all you will require (and allen key from your tool pouch for fairing removal)

bajetzkie

doesnt fit

:postcop: Warning: NOT A DIRECT Fit.

so i ordered the ex 250 mirrors from tuner factory.. doesn't fit :( the holes on the base of the fz6r are too wide..

now that ive had a second look at your close up mirror base, i think its really not the same.

do you mind teaching us how you managed to mount these up guidobeargamo? I see you mentioned you used tomok cnc adapters, ive tried searching. I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

raven6r

These mirrors will not fit our fz6r's period. I ordered a set and they are a no no. The mount is totally different from stock so I made a set of close off plates and drilled new holes to fit the ninja mirrors only to discover that you simply can't get the mirrors to mount in anyway that the tops will look level. If you think the stock mirrors look bad try these and you'll learn to love the stockers. If the posts could be bent somewhat maybe you could make them work but doubtful. I tried to bend a post a bit but it just ended up breaking. Hope someone else can learn from my 60 dollar loss.:banghead:

richierich781

:postcop: Warning: NOT A DIRECT Fit.

so i ordered the ex 250 mirrors from tuner factory.. doesn't fit :( the holes on the base of the fz6r are too wide..

now that ive had a second look at your close up mirror base, i think its really not the same.

do you mind teaching us how you managed to mount these up guidobeargamo? I see you mentioned you used tomok cnc adapters, ive tried searching. I can't seem to find it.
I think he cannibalized the lower part of the adapters from ebay tomok mirrors. That's what it looks like to me, i've seen one of his post where he had different pictures of 3 or 4 different mirrors and one of them was the ebay tomok mirrors. You might have to spend another $50 or so dollars for those mirrors just to get the adapters because i don't think they are for sale separately. I know rizoma sells adapters but I haven't seen one that will fit with the 250 mirrors, lucky i also have a 250 so i got to test out the mirrors before i dropped some money on them, (i already had pre drilled holes from when i had the r6s mirrors on). hope this helps.

here's a link to his post. go to page 16

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/another-mirror-mod-19192/index16.html

Last edited:

raven6r

So after spending a considerable amount of time looking these mirror over I have come to believe that if you use the base from the zx6r mirrors that everyone is mounting they should work. Basically remove the bolt holding the post to the bracket and replace with the 250 post and mirror. The zx6r bracket is angled and the stock 250 bracket is straight. Hope this will help someone out but keep in mind that this is only a suggestion as I have not yet done it myself.

Bert-Aus

Ah Fark! Raven6r that is painful, sorry I had no idea the FZ6R had different mounts than the XJ6S.

From looking at guidobeargamo's pictures (see below)
the mount point is def different -so yeah prob all FZ6R should refer to guidobeargamo for more info re: mirrors similar

richierich781

So after spending a considerable amount of time looking these mirror over I have come to believe that if you use the base from the zx6r mirrors that everyone is mounting they should work. Basically remove the bolt holding the post to the bracket and replace with the 250 post and mirror. The zx6r bracket is angled and the stock 250 bracket is straight. Hope this will help someone out but keep in mind that this is only a suggestion as I have not yet done it myself.
i've already checked this out a couple of weeks ago and it is not going to work, the slot for the zx6r is too small for it to recieve the 250 mirrors unless you want to grind away some material.

raven6r

So the zx6r bases still won't work, Okay back to the drawing board. No worries about the mirrors these things happen as shitty as it is. I made a set of brackets yesterday and mounted the one mirror but as picky as I am I just wasn't happy with them mounted with the stock yamaha rubber underneath. I guess if a person could remove the glass without breaking it maybe you could use the upper attachment to mount to the zx6r posts. I will find a clean way to mount these eventually as they do look sweet on the bike. Thanks for the input guys.

man589

Keep us posted if you find anything. I had ordered these a week ago and it was too late to cancel the order.

They do look nice on our bike.

raven6r

I'll keep it updated if I find something that works and looks good. I think I will try and find some zx6r bases and grind the 250 posts to fit and see if it can be done. Otherwise might end up having to get a new base machined.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member