New Yamaha Supersort Teaser

RoadTrip

A new R6 could be even more exciting than a new R1, honestly the current literbikes at 180-200Hp already sound like a handful. I think I am starting to understand what makes a great street bike, it is useful power, geared correctly so that you can pull clean through corners and get nice kick at the exit, but also get it to boil a bit without it going bezerk.

I think 160-180Hp is probably enough for a streetbike, but they can still make a lot of improvements in how it is delivered (fueling), and also handling (suspension) and brakes. I want refined and raw at the same time, with loads of character, reliability, and performance. If they upSpec the 899 to an S version with Ohlins and M50's that could be the bike. But, hopefully a new R6 will blow us all away with an upSpec version of their own.

Bert-Aus

There seemed to be a number of references to '3' within the subtext of that preview -my bet is it is a SS variation of the triple engine???

Will be interesting to see the outcome either way -nice side profile too:)

Chucker

Yamaha has reportedly been redesigning the R1 for 2015. They trademarked YZF-R1M and YZF-R1S, so I expect that is what this is. Apparently it will surpass the 200 BHP mark.

There have been no reports, despite a lot of hopes, of a SS triple.

Fizzer6R

like the rumors months ago, it has to be 200+hp as bikes are there already, and this is a major update for yami.

interesting they are doing almost the same marketing teaser that kawi did w/the H2, maybe they have the same advertising firms, maybe this one will have a supercharger also! :eek:

latony007

like the rumors months ago, it has to be 200+hp as bikes are there already, and this is a major update for yami.

interesting they are doing almost the same marketing teaser that kawi did w/the H2, maybe they have the same advertising firms, maybe this one will have a supercharger also! :eek:
well apparently they are going to have only SS and naked bikes then next year. i read on the forum somewhere that Yami had requested CA smog certification for a 2015 FZ1 but my dealer said they are done and i have not seen any. No FZ6R and no FZ1 , so much for us old guys that like to sit upright, looks like kawi when im finally ready to upgrade unless yami does something else.

pkoko

well apparently they are going to have only SS and naked bikes then next year. i read on the forum somewhere that Yami had requested CA smog certification for a 2015 FZ1 but my dealer said they are done and i have not seen any. No FZ6R and no FZ1 , so much for us old guys that like to sit upright, looks like kawi when im finally ready to upgrade unless yami does something else.
Maybe... The bikes will have the same chassis & power-train with just different seats, rear-sets, & handle bars as available factory accessories/options? This way Yamaha doesn't need to certify lots of models emissions wise.

latony007

Maybe... The bikes will have the same chassis & power-train with just different seats, rear-sets, & handle bars as available factory accessories/options? This way Yamaha doesn't need to certify lots of models emissions wise.
I think thats a great idea but they dont usually do that i have seen? I dont see why they dont make an fz09/07 in a fairing version if they are going to remove the FZ1 and 6R

Fizzer6R

I think thats a great idea but they dont usually do that i have seen? I dont see why they dont make an fz09/07 in a fairing version if they are going to remove the FZ1 and 6R
well kinda, the new FJ09, but it's more targeted to the adventure side of the sport

latony007

well kinda, the new FJ09, but it's more targeted to the adventure side of the sport
Im looking forward to seeing that, even though its half fairing but so was the FZ1 and i like the idea of that triple in a sport touring which is what i thought they were after kind of a smaller fjr1300 but Is it supposed to be one of those tall *** adventure bikes with dual tires? Signed up to test ride one of those vstrom adventure bikes and i walked up to it and just started laughing and told the guy to switch me to something else. That thing was so tall i could never have touched the ground even one footed.

RoadTrip

Im looking forward to seeing that, even though its half fairing but so was the FZ1 and i like the idea of that triple in a sport touring which is what i thought they were after kind of a smaller fjr1300 but Is it supposed to be one of those tall *** adventure bikes with dual tires? Signed up to test ride one of those vstrom adventure bikes and i walked up to it and just started laughing and told the guy to switch me to something else. That thing was so tall i could never have touched the ground even one footed.
It's all about balance: