New UK and Euro forum

Sage

What's the point when you are posting in an already established FZ6R/XJ6 forum and the subforum you made this thread in is the local for the UK? I'm not seeing the gain from splitting communities up when you get more ideas, and more people giving their opinions and help when its one large active community.

Just my $.02 though.

Sage

I'm not making a point, merely adding a link
I was just asking a question. So here is the rephrase since you failed to answer my previous question..

What's the reasoning when you are posting in an already established FZ6R/XJ6 forum?

Last edited:

pilninggas

What's the point when you are posting in an already established FZ6R/XJ6 forum and the subforum you made this thread in is the local for the UK? I'm not seeing the gain from splitting communities up when you get more ideas, and more people giving their opinions and help when its one large active community.

Just my $.02 though.
Sage, i have set that forum up; the reason for doing so is that the EU model is named differently (XJ6) and so although the model is popular here (EU) people do not search for an FZ6R forum. I certainly do not wish to undermine this forum or act in an antisocial manner. It's really a case of (slightly) different strokes for different folks. The XJ6 was the 14th best selling model of 2010 in the UK, but very few of those owners will be aware of this forum.

You are more than welcome to join us over there too.

p.s. mods if i have broken any of your rules please remove this post.

Last edited:

Sage

Sage, i have set that forum up; the reason for doing so is that the EU model is named differently (XJ6) and so although the model is popular here (EU) people do not search for an FZ6R forum. I certainly do not wish to undermine this forum or act in an antisocial manner. It's really a case of (slightly) different strokes for different folks. The XJ6 was the 14th best selling model of 2010 in the UK, but very few of those owners will be aware of this forum.

You are more than welcome to join us over there too.

p.s. mods if i have broken any of your rules please remove this post.
Thank you for reasoning behind the act, I do agree there aren't many xj6 owners here, but there are a few, like yourself. We are the first link when someone does a search for an xj6 motorcycle forum though, they just need to google search and read the description and its right there :confused:.. Google

Last edited:

pilninggas

Thank you for reasoning behind the act, I do agree there aren't many xj6 owners here, but there are a few. We are the first link when someone does a search for an xj6 motorcycle forum though :confused:.. Google
I think it's just a case of people assuming the search is pointing to the wrong bike, in the uk it may be confused with the FZ6S or even the FZR600. Lots search for 'diversion' the name for the half-faired model and go to forums primarily for the mid 90s xj600s. I blame Yamaha for recycling names like diversion and fazer for decades!

I'd like to think that both forums have a place and can operate alongside one another.:thumbup:

Sparkxx1

We should Place a link to here on there, and on here to there.

Just like the r6 forum has us listed in the main page on the sidebar. Just a suggestion, so that although theres two forums. At least people are made aware in case somebody needs more opinions on a topic.

EDIT: I thought r6 had us listed but I made a mistake, they list the FZ6 forum. Nevermind, but idea still applies.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSP

pilninggas

We should Place a link to here on there, and on here to there.

Just like the r6 forum has us listed in the main page on the sidebar. Just a suggestion, so that although theres two forums. At least people are made aware in case somebody needs more opinions on a topic.

EDIT: I thought r6 had us listed but I made a mistake, they list the FZ6 forum. Nevermind, but idea still applies.
I have put a link in for this forum in one of the first topics. There is a hell of a lot knowledge on this forum, some of which I actively contributed too.:D

Chris K.

I totally agree with piln on this one and his reasonings are very well made.
I can tell you from personal experience, in Greece, I've had the VERY first XJ6F (Diversion F, 2010) according to our official Greek moto forums, plus few XJ6N and XJ6S (Diversion). Hardly any of those people knew about this forum, they had no idea that FZ6R is pretty much the same as their XJ6 bike.

Long story short, its really wise to finally get our own "XJ6" home, mostly for those European's who cannot search around the net properly or they just dont know what FZ6R stands for.

And please, do not get me wrong, I simply love the job peeps doing here with loads of infos, mods, reviews etc! I just hope that you guys get our point of view aswell. :)