Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

RoadTrip

rabbitman said it right, not aggressive being the key term - a combination of heat cycles and slowly increasing lean angle to scrub new surface will get you there - I have had some pretty big slips by 'aggressively' trying to scrub them in and overestimating their initial grip - the best policy is to ride chill for at least a hundred miles, but its not like they are glass, but just avoid balls out on fresh tires and you will be fine.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rookasaki

I would say at least 200 miles. Do some mild riding, nothing to aggressive etc... As members have already said, let the shinny coasting wear off.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I throw dirt and yell mean profanities at them. They get sad and the shine wipes right off their silly faces.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bloodypulp

Hmm thats another way to get rid o' them Chick strips!
:)

I should be pretty good at that.. Plenty of practice lately yelling at my bike. Those darn bolts on the "top" of the black plastic fairing parts nearest the gas tank/handlebars... I can NOT get those bolts to screw back in. They like lock up or something and will not go in. I even ordered new bolt and the tab that they go into to make sure its not that I screwed up and misplaced the bolts and trying to use the wrong ones. New ones screw on easily, but once I put them on the bike, I cant screw them in again. Even reaching around to make sure lined up correctly. Same problem w/ one of my grab bar screws.:banghead:
Same prob. I put two chrome head self threading screws in place of machine screws. No more cursing them out.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

06330i

Word on the block says that you don't need to scrub tires in much anymore. New manufacturing processes allow them to not use wax to get the tire to release from the mold. On that note I still agree that you should still take it easy for the first 100 miles (most owners manuals recommend that amount) the tires feel like a whole different animal after they're properly "broken in"

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Hellgate

Just go ride. On my track bike I just put them on and ride at a moderate pace for two sessions. That's 20 minutes each session, maybe 40 miles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2