New R1 in 2015?

Fizzer6R

great news! cpl months ago they said 200hp, assume in a cpl yrs all liter supersports will be 200+ = OMG I'm gonna have to hold back not to kill myself :eek:

RoadTrip

Cool, thanks for the updated article, I do an R1 search each week and keep hitting the same old stuff. Still waiting on a GSXR1000 update, but my guess it will be the same in 2015, but Suzuki is supposedly returning to MotoGP after delaying last year, not sure if/when that will mean a new GSXR1000.

Looks like ZX10R is unchanged for 2015, but CBR1000 is well over due for a full makeover, seen some speculation on a new 2015 bike.

The future will be electronics, they get better every year, and some of the naysayers are even coming around as the systems become more invisible and adjustable. But, I do worry about the complexity of these new bikes, and their inevitable price increases.

Fizzer6R

230hp? Holy shit.
they have to really, as some bikes are close to 200 now, and this new model will be the same for who knows how many years before they do a major update again. rumor is the new aprilia will be 220.

I recall when 100 was a big deal. my older zx10r at 150 is a monster, can't wait to feel 200 though :cool:

xezty

They're moving to that single front ram air design instead of dual channels to the airbox. They keep taking tech from motogp and putting it into the bikes, that's why the spy photos show it has the R6 plastics too. I wonder how much it will cost when it's going to compete with some real heavy hitters.

Fizzer6R

could this be it?

Attachments

Fizzer6R

everywhere is saying those pics are legit

Fizzer6R

MSRP price on website

YZF-R1M -- $21,990.00

YZF-R1 -- $16,499.00

Bert-Aus

That looks pretty filthy! (as in dirty sexy)

I can see all of that heat shrouding coming off pretty much straight after purchase for most owners

...mmm I wonder if my wife would allow me to trade up my R6?:D

RoadTrip

I like it, an actual genuine Race Replica, most other brands don't look like the MotoGP bikes due to the headlights, but Yamaha found a place for them while retaining the true race bike look. As far as everything else, we will have to wait for the reviews, handling, fueling, TC performance. But, the weight and heat issue appear to have been corrected, so I am sure this bike is going to be a big winner for awhile. But, for most of us the high insurance and widowmaker status of liter bikes will still keep us on 750 or less, but I still want to taste that bottomless literbike power, I'm just afraid I might like it.

FastFreddy

Looks good apart from the silver patch. I'd go for the black one myself.

Slide control sounds interesting, hopefully it keeps you in the slide all the way around the corner. Time for the magazine reviewers to ring up their crazy bud to test the slide control.