new guy, thinking of buying a fz6r, got ?'s

gonnacrash

Okay, first been riding for years, currently a ninja 500.

I love the looks of the 6r, but I have a few simple questions.

What does swapping in r6 cams really do, more power, move the power band up?

I do understand the purposes of opening up the exhaust, ie power and volume but I don't want a loud bike, more noise is fine but not loud. Which way to go on the exhaust? I know it may take Mccarthy and his brain to run perfect.

I weigh around 200 lbs naked, how is suspension for my weight?

Figure an exhaust, Mccarthy map on a controller, and r6 cams what kind of power would I be looking at?

houte

hello

hello man ,
what can i say about this bike its yes you will have a better force because its a 600 but the real force of the bike its higher ( what i think everyone can say different things)

for the noise seriously after 5000 on your rpm a good noise get out of the bike but not too much

easy to control but for more control i switch for 1.5 riser clip on seriously lowering the front give you a better ( and i say seriously that's suprise me too) control on low speed and high speed and in the curve

for the next its a great bike and don't be afraid to go on this bike very fun !

houte ;)

houte

ohh sorry

ohh sorry i can't help you for the pipe and r6 cam im living in quebec -_- and the police chase us like we chase animal soooo.... you can't modify the pipe

hahaha f..... quebec ;)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

arocholl

If your looking for more power I almost think you'd be better served by a super sport like a GSXR, CBR600RR or an R6 instead of trying to chase HP numbers with the 6R.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 6R but it wasn't designed to be a massively powerful machine. It was designed for a good usable powerband.

-Uncle Al

brownwa

If your looking for more power I almost think you'd be better served by a super sport like a GSXR, CBR600RR or an R6 instead of trying to chase HP numbers with the 6R.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 6R but it wasn't designed to be a massively powerful machine. It was designed for a good usable powerband.

-Uncle Al
I was going to say the exact same thing. GSX-R600 will get you +120hp out of the box for less than a FZ6R with serious mods. Also the gixxer is relatively comfortable for a sport bike. If you have to you could put raised clip-on bars on it and a bigger windscreen to make it highway friendly.

Disclaimer: I love my fizzer and use it for everything from going across town to track days. Its strengths are its versatility and comfort. Its kryptonite is its "low" horsepower. But truth be told I never find the power lacking except for the straightaways at the track. In absolutely every other scenario the bike has plenty of power.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

chopper71

(plus throw in a full airbox mod - Vstacks and cut out bottom of air intake side)
Hey Scott when you say full air box mod what do you mean? I still have the stock filter right now. I did drill holes in the bottom of the air box. I also plugged the one nipple closed that is outside of the box on the brake side of the bike. Is there more to the full air box mod that you mentioned? Oh yeah I haven't replaced the V stacks yet but going to get some Graves.

gonnacrash

I don't want a gixxer or an r6. I want sport touring, with use able power bands, not screaming rpms to have power. I am also 43 yo, and I don't bend over as well as I used to.

Honestly my 500 does all I need but it looks old, yes a 6r would be a vanity purchase. A little more power would be nice, and sure a 20 hp bump would be great, but 25 to 30 would be better.

My 500 has 6500 miles, so I don't need a new bike, just a newer looking one.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

ch33zecake

To be honest, I would just get a full exhaust, new air filter, and a fuel controller. Then get a fuel map from Marthy and go from there. If that's not enough power for you then buy an FZ1 and put fairings on it.