new fz6r had no tire balance weights installed

e024576

I purchased a new 2009 fz6r from my local Yamaha dealer April 2009. It did not come from the factory with any tire balance weights on either front or rear wheel. Is this common?

Paul

yillbs

I purchased a new 2009 fz6r from my local Yamaha dealer April 2009. It did not come from the factory with any tire balance weights on either front or rear wheel. Is this common?

Paul
It's been 5 years ....... You should probably get some weights put on them :p

e024576

So, if I have an independent shop install and balance the new tires and find that no balance weights are installed, that can only mean that the wheels and tire are "in balance" without the need for weights?

That's why I originally asked how common is it that the wheel and tire is in fact "in balance" without any weights installed.

Paul

blkbrd

Elite Member

FastFreddy

Can you ring the tire fitter and ask please ?

I'm guessing it occurs between 5-10 % of the time for brand new rims/tyres.

If I was a manufacturer, I'd get the rim and tyre manufacturers to put a colour coded dot on the lightest part of the rim and the heaviest part of the tyre, with the colour respresenting the weight out of balance in grams, then the assembler picks 2 of the same colour and matches them up when fitting, then you wouldn't need balancers at all from the factory.