New 1000cc FZ6R Clone

brownwa

Suzuki has upped the ante with a 1000cc, relaxed position sport bike that WEIGHS THE SAME as the FZ6R: the 2016 GSX-S1000F

I'll say it again, a 1000cc, 145hp, 78.2 lb-ft, full faring, $10,999 fizzer clone that weighs only 474 lbs.

Now I know that we rabbid FZ6R fans are dropping thousands to gain +5hp with Marthy exhausts and flush mount indicator lights. So the new Suzuki GSX-S1000F seems like a bargain for horsepower junkies. Personally I like the FZ6R because I am 5'8" and find the seat height ideal. The GSX-S1000F is way too tall for me at a 33" seat height (according to Motorcycle Ergonomics). But for those of you who are not vertically challenged I think this bike makes a lot of sense. It looks like a sleeper track day beast!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

brownwa

@buzzbomb I had a very serious back injury a few years ago and honestly thought I might never rider again. However, religiously doing physio and learning about motorcycle riding positions got me back in the saddle. One neurosurgeon said it to me best "change your overall lifestyle so that you don't have to give up what you love".

Not sure of the nature or extent of your injuries other than what you posted in the rider down thread. But I'm convinced that unless you're missing your throttle hand you will be able to ride the bike of your choosing. And the Suzuki GSX-S1000F looks like a ridiculously good choice for the money.

Bert-Aus

Plenty of 1000cc out there that weigh less than the FZ6R and stables of horses to boot

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

blkbrd

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

catdoc

Suzuki has upped the ante with a 1000cc, relaxed position sport bike that WEIGHS THE SAME as the FZ6R: the 2016 GSX-S1000F

I'll say it again, a 1000cc, 145hp, 78.2 lb-ft, full faring, $10,999 fizzer clone that weighs only 474 lbs.

Now I know that we rabbid FZ6R fans are dropping thousands to gain +5hp with Marthy exhausts and flush mount indicator lights. So the new Suzuki GSX-S1000F seems like a bargain for horsepower junkies. Personally I like the FZ6R because I am 5'8" and find the seat height ideal. The GSX-S1000F is way too tall for me at a 33" seat height (according to Motorcycle Ergonomics). But for those of you who are not vertically challenged I think this bike makes a lot of sense. It looks like a sleeper track day beast!
Or you can go for the $9,999 non ABS model which weighs 18lbs less....

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member