Need Opinions Please

Sport Bike Girl

I just don't have the time to really give what Macaw's need/deserve. I think the biggest would be a medium sized cockatoo or the African grey parrot. Until then, I'm taking care of my 8ft red tail boa, Emerald Green Tree Python, Pocket Parrot, and Russian Blue cat.

They do take a lot of time and dedication and the macaws are super messy and wasteful. I just spent the last three hours cleaning cages only had to spend 15 mins on my Yellow nape amazons cage.
Cockatoos hate me everyone I've handled has bit me and one split my upper lip "giving a kiss" very neurotic birds.
I came here to live with my friend in Nashville with 3 parrots and am
Leaving with 4. The big red one in the pictures decided he loves me and hates everyone else. My blue and gold is the same way.
Snakes are cool I had a red tailed boa when I was a teen

Kat "Tails" Arnold

Sport Bike Girl

I really appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. I go back to ortho dr in three weeks. I'm going to wait and see if my rotator cuff is torn and if I have to have another surgery (heaven forbid)
If that is the case by the time I rehab from that maybe the 2014 will be here.
I'll look into getting wraps done also
One of my club brothers works at the place I had the windscreen wrapped on the other bike. Last I checked wrapping the bike was as much as getting painted. Bert AUS did say he'll do a mock up for me so I'll be loading pictures into that folder/thread
You guys are awesome thanks so much for all the input. I really do appreciate it

Kat "Tails" Arnold

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

The parrots remind me of Puerto Rico. I had a townhouse in Dorado Del Mar (nice gated neighborhood on the beach) and had parrots chilling in palms in my yard. Seems weird having grown up in the northeast and seeing parrots. Kind of neat.
I have two house cats :p

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Sport Bike Girl

The parrots remind me of Puerto Rico. I had a townhouse in Dorado Del Mar (nice gated neighborhood on the beach) and had parrots chilling in palms in my yard. Seems weird having grown up in the northeast and seeing parrots. Kind of neat.

That must have been awesome !! On my bucket list is to go to Costa Rica or similar area one day where I can see wild parrots flying. I went to Thailand last spring and saw many wild birds, monkeys and even a huge monitor lizard. When I was in Qatar I was able to visit a private research facility in al wabra that breeds the spix macaw which are extinct in the wild, that was awesome. The sheik that owns it has purchased land in Brazil and they are releasing them back into the wild at the last place the spix were seen

Kat "Tails" Arnold

pyratio

red 2014

--I have the red 2014. Somehow a local dealership got one before anyone else in January here in Austin, TX. The markup from 2013 is about $200 to $500 more. Yamaha actually mentions on their website that there is a premium on the red one. The wheels have a red stripe on them too.

I think whether you hold out for the 2014 or paint your own you should get what you want. Ppl will always talk about resale value and things like that but at the end of the day you should walk away and to your bike everyday thinking, "That is a beautiful bike, and she's all mine."

Resale values on sport bikes aren't terribly great, so get what you want and get what makes you happy.

As for my red "Anna-belle". I could park her in a lot of 500 bikes and she would be the one that always catches my eye and my heart.

~p

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Sport Bike Girl

Well I found out yesterday my clavicle that was plated in January is healed. I do have damage to my rotator cuff and muscles in my shoulder. Dr wants me to do physical therapy and said for now no surgery!!
So I called my salesman at yamaha dealer to let him know I want to buy the red 2014. It's only $600 difference between the 2014 and the 2013.
Zach called back and said he found my bike and I might be able to pick up next Friday if that other dealership will let them have it otherwise he'll just order one from Yamaha. So I should have my bike soon I'm soooo excited

Kat "Tails" Arnold