Need help - Exhaust port analysis and re-installation of Two Brothers exhaust

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

I've seen that so many times on You Tube - never could understand how they think that that is cool. I could only imagine the sound of that harmonic balance letting go - lol
Did you get the exhaust re-installed? How'd it fit back up with the gaskets? It's snowing again today! Tomorrow 55 degree sunny forecast, and I'm riding!

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

Yes, went back together perfectly. Thanks for all the help from everyone with the great information on this. Now I'm onto wrapping a few parts to restyle the look of the bike. The 3M 1080 vinyl is amazing stuff to work with, it looks like you painted on the color - better than paint ! This year just a few things, but next year I may do it all in metallic black. No snow yet !
Good to hear it went back together well.

Interesting you brought up wrap. I have been considering a little Carbon Fiber wrap to match my frame sliders, hugger and muffler, particularly doing the flat black side body panel below the seat. Do you think you can wrap that with one piece? Seams would look bad there I think. I wasn't sure with a pattern like CF, how it would heat and stretch to accommodate its shape without distorting the CF pattern too much?

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

Those would actually be easy to wrap. There are two versions of the Carbon Fiber wrap that 3M makes. Dinoc is the thicker version that I've used on several parts in my cars and kayak. They also have the 1080 version which I have not used and is thinner than Dinoc. 1080 stretches more and it may distort the pattern if you go to far with it, but with those parts you shouldn't need to stretch it at all - you would be shrinking it to wrap the contour. I would use the Dinoc for those parts. Patience and a good heat gun is all that is needed. Plenty of video's to watch on You Tube. It comes of too if it gets to be a problem which I had with the parts on my kayak. The first side went perfectly, the right side took three tries to get it right. I kept wrinkling a tight area that was tough to get right.

You should have no problem with your skills !
Appreciate it man. I think I’ll give it a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk