Naked and not ashame/ clip-ons too :)

EndlessTL2

Hey forum,

This is my first time posting but I been doing creeping around and getting ideas. In return here a little treat for you guys :-D. I love my 6r and here are just some mods i have done to her.

-fz8 front fairing headlight parts
-flush mounts on headlight
-led turn signal mirrors/w adapters for bars
-two bro full exhaust
-custom f/e w clear led turn signals
-front and side fairing delete
-custom front headlight mount bracket( got parts form lowes plumbing sections, best savings ever)
-woodcraft 41mm 1.5 riser clip-ons
-lower front forks about 1.5 to match clip-ons
-also wrap some black vinyl on wheel fairing and rear seat fairing

and here the results :)

TokenSSDD

Naked bikes are still somewhat of an acquired taste for me but that thing looks awesome. Nice job.

Superzoom

Great job!

Can you actually see behind you with those mirrors?

Are you leaving the tank yellow? I know that all black is a little predictable these days, but your bike would look really badass with a black tank.

I think I'm super old fashioned, but I would love to see a street fighter with a round headlight.

Superzoom

Sorry, two more comments...

Your bike is screaming out for some aftermarket levers.

Are your grips now narrower than with the stock bars? It seems every review of a bike mentions that having wider bars gives better leverage, making steering better. It looks like you could slide the bars wider, and possibly put the mirrors on the opposite side of the clip-on.

JSP

Super Moderator
Wow... Good job!

BKP

Looks great, and love those clip-ons... question: what do they do to the ergos, compared the stock bars?

wtnotch

Looks great!

I've tried just about every bar available and right now, the ergos are 'almost' there. I think the clip-ons are next.

Russ

FZ6R_Mike

I love it! This is my next project for the bike. Im going with clipons from another bike to give it a more aggressive feel. Did the FZ8 headlight fairings need modded any to fit? I really like the light with the fairings

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

EndlessTL2

Sorry, two more comments...

Your bike is screaming out for some aftermarket levers.

Are your grips now narrower than with the stock bars? It seems every review of a bike mentions that having wider bars gives better leverage, making steering better. It looks like you could slide the bars wider, and possibly put the mirrors on the opposite side of the clip-on.
i know what you mean. im planning to throw in some gold shorties in the future. the stock ones right now are a bit of a sore thumb. IMO i feel like i have more of a lean n control of the bike w it like this. as far as it being wider it helps breaks the wind more w me lean no puns intended lol. its possible to at the end but these arent bar end mirrors tho, it would also require drilling holes for fitting for the grips.