My other other woman

Bert-Aus

I have been working towards this for the past year now,
gently prodding my wife, saving when possible (not easy with 3 kids, mortgage & single income)
creative accounting and good tax offsets all assisted this occur.

My track ride got delivered I am slightly ecstatic:mikebike:

I know she is not the latest and greatest, but I own her outright
...doesn't appear to be too much wrong with her
as I didn't want to over invest in something that I am prepared to be throwing down the track should I push it a little too hard

...afterall the entire idea of getting this secondary wild-woman was to not be scared of scaping her sides etc.
As I found I was hesitant with my XJ6S on track days because I dont want to damage her

and here is my (primary) wife photo-bombing

Attachments

yillbs

I like your porch :)

I have been working towards this for the past year now,
gently prodding my wife, saving when possible (not easy with 3 kids, mortgage & single income)
creative accounting and good tax offsets all assisted this occur.

My track ride got delivered I am slightly ecstatic:mikebike:

I know she is not the latest and greatest, but I own her outright
...doesn't appear to be too much wrong with her
as I didn't want to over invest in something that I am prepared to be throwing down the track should I push it a little too hard

...afterall the entire idea of getting this secondary wild-woman was to not be scared of scaping her sides etc.
As I found I was hesitant with my XJ6S on track days because I dont want to damage her

and here is my (primary) wife photo-bombing

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Cheers All!

I am currently researching what paperwork i need to do to get it on the road for some test rides.
It was a repairable write off, thankfully it is only cosmetic damage -indicators, scartched up fairings, scraped engine casing and missing a couple screws here and there.

Bert-Aus

Well, comparing the XJ6S to it (R6) on track is pointless
the power difference is immense, I think I finally understand the difference between SS and Sport Tourer
So the thrills are different...
R6 is top end, wind up and go, go, go
whereas XJ6S is good mid-range to 11K,
even when boggying down low (as you know from yours)

in January when my shoulder has healed I am planning to re-register the R6 for on-road saddle time,
as the periods between me getting to tracks days is to great.
Plus I am eager to feel out riding techniques on the R6,

however I still love the XJ6S and is still great for road, commutes and weekend hills rides.
as one of the guys from the R6 forum says
thomas74p ...never sell a bike you love. just find room in the stable for another.

VRIIClubby

Quote:
thomas74p ...never sell a bike you love. just find room in the stable for another.
build bigger stables to house them! lol.

I already have two cars in sheds that never get driven, and after yesterdays announcement about Holden my shiny new SS-V Wagon will now go to the same "resting" place when its time comes,

I will never let go of the "toys" I love, you fight to hard to get them and keep them!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

you guys make some very good points. I keep thinking about selling my cruiser because I don't ride it as much, just when the wife or kid want to go, but I have the room....

VRIIClubby

hows that old quote go....

"he who dies with the most toys wins!"