My next ride

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

Well, Marthy, it's no secret I am in love with my FZ1. I have not spent any time on the other bikes you mentioned, but I considered the CB and the FZ8 when I was shopping. My reasoning against them was: For the FZ8) It's an FZ1 junior,and I knew in time I would want to move up, so why waste the step? Besides the engine, the FZ1 has better features than the FZ8 in a lot of areas. And with the CB) a lot more money than the FZ1 for a bike with similar features and less power. The side swingarm is a nice touch, but they can be hard on axles.

I also looked at an MV Agusta Brutale 1090. I was a little nervous about the maintenance so I chose the Yamaha, but I think you are better set up to stay on top of maintaining a bike like that. It really is a sweet ride. The Ducati is the sexiest thing in the class, and to me it has a sililar vibe to the MV, but maybe not quite as practical as some of the others?

Mostly, though, I want you to get an FZ1 so that you can work out all the mods and do the hard work and then I can just copy you :) Some people say the FZ1 is outdated, but it has the current features you want, and all of the kinks are worked out; it's an extremely reliable bike. Brand new they're not awfully expansive, and you should have no problem finding a new carryover or a great used one for a really great price. None of the other bikes you have mentioned will be able to touch the FZ1 for price. Also, there are piles and piles of mods available for it because it's been around basically the same for a few years now, and lots of honest testing has been done my thousands of riders, so there is good information on what to do and what not to do.

Good luck with your search, and feel free to get in touch about the FZ1. I'll gladly tell you anything I know about it. Have fun with the bike shopping experience. Don't rush and the right decision will just happen for you. Enjoy the process!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Detrich

I have a friend selling a mint 848 in pearl white with under 3k miles. He said it looks good, but is uncomfortable to ride. he got a steal on that thing and paid $8k from the first owner. He's listed it on CL for around $11k i think.

From what i understand, the FZ1 is just an upright R1 with 1/2 a fairing and with the cans on the side. I'm 260 miles into the R1, and if the FZ1 is anything like it, I think u'll like it. The more I ride the R1 the more I love it. It may not be the best on the performance shoot-outs, but it has a lot of personality and, my god, does that cross plane sound dope.

Mmmm F3 <3 <3

bmw675

I almost bought a speed triple r last fall as a second bike. They look unbelievable, and are comfy for the long rides.

However, I'd suggest getting a street over the speed just for cost/insurance, and I just think you don't really need anymore power for the street than way the 675 offers.

Oh, and I wouldn't look at any other brands. :rolleyes:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Sage

Ridden both the Speed and Street Triple and both are amazing bikes. The Speed will definitely get you in trouble ;)