My new project

trackfiend

Hello everyone. I wanted to take a moment to say hello and start a thread for my FZ6R conversion I am starting. My plan is to do a full XJ6N conversion with Yamaha parts as I love how the XJ6 looks. I came across my bike while I was out doing my side job locating bikes for a local dealer. Our local Honda dealer had taken the bike in on trade and couldn't decide what to do with it. The previous owner had scraped up the plastics and removed them completely before trading it in. I convinced them what a hassle it would be to locate the plastics and put everything together and ended up walking out the door with it for $2200. Needless to say I was stoked getting it for that much. The bike is 100% straight and mechanically sound and is a blast to ride. I've already put her up on the lift and started stripping down what needs to come off to install the XJ parts that are on the way. I attached a couple pics of how she looked when I brought her home and one of her on the lift as I get ready to install the new parts when they arrive. Everyone's bikes on here are an inspiration and I hope to contribute as well.

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
Wow! Killer price! Congrats. Can't wait to see what ya do with it.

trackfiend

Thanks. I found a small Yamaha dealer in Greece that can get whatever parts I need and ship to the US with reasonable pricing. I'm waiting for the first order I placed to arrive now. When everything shows up and it is all as it should be I figured I would share their contact info with everyone here that wanted it. I tried a dealer in the UK for parts, but never got a response after sending them the part numbers I needed.

Probably about two weeks out from now before the parts show up, but I plan on trying to keep this updated for everyone.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks. I found a small Yamaha dealer in Greece that can get whatever parts I need and ship to the US with reasonable pricing. I'm waiting for the first order I placed to arrive now. When everything shows up and it is all as it should be I figured I would share their contact info with everyone here that wanted it. I tried a dealer in the UK for parts, but never got a response after sending them the part numbers I needed.

Probable about two weeks out from now before the parts show up, but I plan on trying to keep this updated for everyone.

Thanks. I am sure lots of people would be interested in it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

The seat sure fits!

One fine example
From this to this
[/IMG]

To this
[/IMG]

Follow these steps to fit single seat & in reverse to fit FZ6R double seats
[/IMG]
Internals before (my single seat)
[/IMG]
Internals after (my FZ6R double seats)
[/IMG]

Parts required -i need to find my shopping list! will post them up when I find it

Last edited:

trackfiend

Haha she's all legal and clear with a clean title. Just happen to get lucky on this one.

On the seat I am sticking with the 6R two piece seat. Might add the rear cowl later just depends on how it looks when it's all done. Definitely will be keeping the pearl white color though, but getting rid of the graphics.

Suspension wise I'm not quite sure if I want to change any of that yet, but who knows. Probably ride it as is for a while before doing anything other than the FZ1 bars. In relation to the bars I'm still trying to decide on what kind of mirrors to go with. Anyone have bar end mirrors on theirs? If so how do you like them?

cezell09

I have some bar end mirrors and I love them. They are great. And the bike looks so much better without those giant stockers...

bobby bo bonsin

Ditto. Love mine too (crg arrows).

Hello my real name is Adam.

stephaeb

Great Bert..

I´m waiting for your shopping list to start my first mod..:D:D:D
The seat sure fits!

One fine example
From this to this
[/IMG]

To this
[/IMG]

Follow these steps to fit single seat & in reverse to fit FZ6R double seats
[/IMG]
Internals before (my single seat)
[/IMG]
Internals after (my FZ6R double seats)
[/IMG]

Parts required -i need to find my shopping list! will post them up when I find it

trackfiend

What brand mirrors do you guys have or where did you get them? I've seen them on ebay, but didn't know which ones are good and which are junk. Thanks guys

cezell09

What brand mirrors do you guys have or where did you get them? I've seen them on ebay, but didn't know which ones are good and which are junk. Thanks guys
I have the CRG Hindsight Lane Splitting mirrors. They have an extra hinge that lets them push back in case you swipe a car while splitting. I love them. They are about $80 each though. Luckily I got them for free from my dad when he bought a used bike and didn't like them...

Bert-Aus

Great Bert..

I´m waiting for your shopping list to start my first mod..:D:D:D
Your best bet is to look through this page & decide which bits you need...
partshark store

This is where i ordered my parts from (US shipped to Australia), with many thanks again to Russ Sears from Oakland! He most kindly donated his barely used FZ6R twin seats with risers & rubber grommets to me.

The utmost important parts for fitting the FZ6R seats to an XJ6 are the:
SEAT BASE-UNDER 36P-2475B-00-00
BRACKET-SEAT 36P-24728-00-00
and all associated bolts

I made do with relocating my existing SEAT LOCK ASSEMBLY,
however I did require the PLATE 20S-24792-00-00

Make sure you research your OWN bike before pruchasing the parts you require,
previously other FZ6R users have made mistake before of assuming their FZ6R is exacly same as my XJ6S and purchasing parts that don't fit

Good Luck I hope it all works out! :D

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

Still waiting on parts to arrive. Why is it every time you order parts it seems like time slows to a crawl? Haha
LMAO, tell me about it! I have a ton of orders that I'm still waiting on. The funny part is the stuff that you don't "really" need shows up first and you are left standing their thinking WTH!. I don't need this right now, this could have come in 3 weeks... Were is the stuff I want now!!!!???? lol.

I'm too cheap to pay for faster shipping that and the stuff I ordered from HK takes 3 weeks minimum to get here as it is....