My homemade Fender Eliminator

jdesiano1

Even though I know I lost at least 3000 hp, I had to remove the OEM rear fender. My hubby and I got to looking at it and decided that it could be fairly simple.
1.Remove the rear seat. (refer to owners manual)
2.Underneath the tool kit there are four bolts holding the fender on the bike take out the bolts. They will not work for this mod.
3.When the fender is hanging we cut all three wires and labeled them properly and tied them off. They are plenty long so that you can wire up signals in the future.
4. Pull them up under the seat, so they are not hanging.
5. Bend an old bike license plate into an L shape and find bolts that will go into the exsisting holes and bolt the license plate into the four holes so that part is hanging down and becomes your new license plate bracket.

I hope this was ok. I will post clearer pics. Oh and if you want you can paint it black I did not so it is even more redneck but ohwell. lol

C

clockworkjon

Ghetto Fabulous! It sounds a helluva a lot cheaper than what some of knuckleheads probably paid for ours. Great idea!

F

FZ1inNH

Inovation at its finest! Find a need and fill it! Well done!

Is this temporary until you get something else? Also, are you saying there's no rear signals at all?

MNDZA

So does this mean that you don't have any rear turn signals on your bike? Can they be attached somewhere?

P

paulinus

No rear signals? :spank: If you are in need of some rinky dink aftermarket ones your homemade bracket can support, I have some I can mail to you if you're not close to Chattanooga. Just cover shipping and all that jazz. They're the ones that come with Two Bro's. They kinda suck, but you need some signals, girl!

And, btw, my friend would be so jealous. She wants that same color FZ6R :)

D

derf

Getting rid of the ugly stock fender was the first mod I did to mine to... but riding with no turnsignals? Not something that I'd do.

increasing your safety risk for cosmetic reasons, please rethink it. :banghead:

jdesiano1

:noworries::surrender:Okay I know its not that smart but I use hand signals and 99% of the time my hubby is behind me so I am not that worried. We are in the process of figuring something out. The tag is right under my Back light so it is luminated fine. I am getting it done, just give me a few minutes.

Sorry for the pic size.

C

clockworkjon

Go to Clear Alternatives and get an integrated tail light. They don't have one specifically for the R yet, but I would bet the regular FZ6 light would fit. Would be worth emailing them to double check though.

http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CA&Category_Code=FZ6

EDIT! :tard: Ok, just got a good like at the R's tail and there's no chance that the FZ6 taillight will fit.

But, I would still email CA to see when the R will be available.

P

paulinus

If you have any more old license plates laying around, you could chop it up, bend you some quick brackets for some bolt-thru aftermarket signals that aren't heavy like the stockers. On my Bandit I got some of those lil 4 LED pods that has the threaded shaft on the back. They're SUPER bright in red and I loved 'em. They were brighter than my taillight even. There's a lot of options out there. Be safe!