Motorcyclist killed by cager, coverup ensues. Can you guess why?

Spunky99

Tell me my logic is flawed......

Someone drives his vehicle with an alcohol level more than double the state law and plows into the back of some "Bikers"..(motorcycle riders).
Since this person is well liked by the arresting officers, mainly because he is an Officer himself, an arrangement is made to get the alcohol related evidence thrown out. This changes a Felony Manslaughter into a Misdemeanor Manslaughter charge. So the county is off the hook financially when the lawsuit is filed, the murdering drunk Officer gets to keep his job and driver's license and the monetary payout in a lawsuit id very minimal.

Blood, breath and urine should have been collected and no hanky panky done to the evidence. The problem is that there was hanky panky in all areas of this case.

Drunk Cop...was he driving a Police Cruiser?
Blood test botched, no alcohol evidence to admit
Dead unknown Biker.

If I were the relative of the dead Biker, I'd extract some southern justice and make sure these people who helped hide the evidence got the same chance as the Biker....none..nada....Zero...Double Odd buck justice....

husker525

Unbelieveable and just sickening.....

I would venture a guess that if this kind of corruption occurs at this level, that someone at the federal level should be looking hard into that agency.

It really gives all the good officers a black eye, when things like this happen. It sounds like it could not have been handled any worse.....grrrrrrrrrr

Back To Reality

Drunk Cop...was he driving a Police Cruiser?
Blood test botched, no alcohol evidence to admit
Dead unknown Biker.
Yes, he was not only driving a cruiser, he was on-duty, and was responding under emergency signals to a call where a warrant was being served.

The motorcyclists were at a complete stop when the officer rammed them.

I'm not convinced that it's necessary to respond under emergency signals to help serve a warrant.

Back To Reality

It really gives all the good officers a black eye, when things like this happen. It sounds like it could not have been handled any worse.....grrrrrrrrrr
"...all the good officers..."

This incident required collective cooperation among all involved, as does almost any similar situation where one officer screws up, and the rest collaborate to either cover it up or incriminate innocent people. Kind of like the officer in Hollywood, FL who rear-ended a woman with his cruiser, and four officers attempted to concoct a story placing blame on the woman. Even in this case in Indiana, the police dept even tossed out the theory that the three motorcyclists failed to properly yield. Sickening.

The "good" officers will be the ones who not only enforce the law against civilians, but who don't become either passively or actively complicit when one of their own screws up, and unfortunately they seem hard to come by.

I've tried to find news articles telling stories about officers who refused to be involved in a coverup, or who acted as whistleblowers, but I'm having a bit of trouble.

As an update on a previous story, the officer who shot and paralyzed an unarmed rider was sentenced to 11 years in prison, but he walks free even after being sentenced...because he filed an appeal.

You think you'd get released pending an appeal?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Back To Reality

I happen to be of the suspicion that for every story like this that hits the news, there are thousands of comparatively egregious incidents that they manage to pull off without getting caught.

TigerGenetics

More up to date info on the story.

Three top officers demoted due to mishandling of Bisard case - Rally held with family (Video) - Indianapolis addiction recovery | Examiner.com

I agree with Reality on this one.. For each one that gets caught. There are more likely thousands of cases that aren't discovered.
And likely thousands more that are handled correctly. And just because it isn't in the news doesn't mean it went undiscovered. There are such things as internal investigations that the public isn't, and probably shouldn't, be aware of in some cases.

Lots of cop bashing by a couple members lately. While I think this story is terrible and the cop should be put in jail for a looooooong time, that doesn't mean that all cops are like that, probably not even the majority. Based on a few (and probably exaggerated) observations, all cops are "pigs" and can't be trusted :rolleyes: You can't stand the cops when you do something wrong and get cited for it, but love them when you need them. :banghead:

It's sort of like the small percentage of show-boating sport bike riders that give us safe motorcyclists bad names in the eyes of the public. It only takes a few to ruin the image of the majority.

Back To Reality

And likely thousands more that are handled correctly. And just because it isn't in the news doesn't mean it went undiscovered. There are such things as internal investigations that the public isn't, and probably shouldn't, be aware of in some cases.

Lots of cop bashing by a couple members lately. While I think this story is terrible and the cop should be put in jail for a looooooong time, that doesn't mean that all cops are like that, probably not even the majority. Based on a few (and probably exaggerated) observations, all cops are "pigs" and can't be trusted :rolleyes: You can't stand the cops when you do something wrong and get cited for it, but love them when you need them. :banghead:

It's sort of like the small percentage of show-boating sport bike riders that give us safe motorcyclists bad names in the eyes of the public. It only takes a few to ruin the image of the majority.
I happen to disagree with the derogatory characterization of police (i.e. pigs, etc). In this forum, however, I leave the moderating to the moderators.

100% of police impropriety should be made public; there is no such thing as a private crime. The general public does not have the luxury of keeping their crimes a secret from the public, and neither should the police.

And I clarify yet again, I truly believe that this kind of behavior (drunk at work) among police is most likely displayed by a minority, maybe even an extremely small minority. What I don't believe would be any claim that the subsequent coverups are conducted by a minority as well...as revealed by the fact that "three top brass" were demoted. But please allow me to add this incredulous question! They were demoted? Why weren't they FIRED? After all, one man died, and another is in a coma. I find little solace in a system that merely demotes people when the circumstances were this devestating.

As far as the comparison using "showboating" sport bikers...I'll point out the vast difference; we don't cover up for them.

TigerGenetics

I happen to disagree with the derogatory characterization of police (i.e. pigs, etc). In this forum, however, I leave the moderating to the moderators.

100% of police impropriety should be made public; there is no such thing as a private crime. The general public does not have the luxury of keeping their crimes a secret from the public, and neither should the police.

And I clarify yet again, I truly believe that this kind of behavior (drunk at work) among police is most likely displayed by a minority, maybe even an extremely small minority. What I don't believe would be any claim that the subsequent coverups are conducted by a minority as well...as revealed by the fact that "three top brass" were demoted. But please allow me to add this incredulous question! They were demoted? Why weren't they FIRED? After all, one man died, and another is in a coma. I find little solace in a system that merely demotes people when the circumstances were this devestating.

As far as the comparison using "showboating" sport bikers...I'll point out the vast difference; we don't cover up for them.
I will definitely agree those who covered up the situation should be fired and face jail time due to the seriousness of this situation. There really is no excuse for it, I just don't find it appropriate to make a blanket statement about law enforcement based on the actions of a few, which I am not implying you are one who does that, but there are definitely plenty that do.

Spunky99

I am not one to Cop bash.
Most Officers are upstanding individuals that put the public's safety ahead of their own and suffer issues with family life due to this choice. I know I don't want to have to wear a gun to work every day be it in the military (been there) or in Police or armed security work.

Those that misuse the system, abuse the system or otherwise cause unnecessary death, grief and PERVERSION of the law should be made examples of. I'm talking about publicly viewed punishment. This Cop was #1 drunk off his ass. #2 responding to a call in a state of total impairment similar to driving with a gunshot wound to the head. and #3 aided his fellow officers in covering up these issues in an effort to preserve his job and severely limit liability to the family of the dead motorcyclist.
Those that took part in this cover up should all have been executed by firing squad in public and buried without any honor. That is what traitors deserve and they all failed to uphold the oath that they swore to become a Police Officer. Failure to honor an oath you took is traitorous.

What you do in life needs to matter and oaths need to be something more than just words. Real punishment needs to be given out, not the slap on the wrist the liberal politicians gave the "Perps" in this crime and cover up.
These people wear guns in public...think about that....and the responsibility in doing such a thing.

TigerGenetics

I am not one to Cop bash.
Most Officers are upstanding individuals that put the public's safety ahead of their own and suffer issues with family life due to this choice. I know I don't want to have to wear a gun to work every day be it in the military (been there) or in Police or armed security work.

Those that misuse the system, abuse the system or otherwise cause unnecessary death, grief and PERVERSION of the law should be made examples of. I'm talking about publicly viewed punishment. This Cop was #1 drunk off his ass. #2 responding to a call in a state of total impairment similar to driving with a gunshot wound to the head. and #3 aided his fellow officers in covering up these issues in an effort to preserve his job and severely limit liability to the family of the dead motorcyclist.
Those that took part in this cover up should all have been executed by firing squad in public and buried without any honor. That is what traitors deserve and they all failed to uphold the oath that they swore to become a Police Officer. Failure to honor an oath you took is traitorous.

What you do in life needs to matter and oaths need to be something more than just words. Real punishment needs to be given out, not the slap on the wrist the liberal politicians gave the "Perps" in this crime and cover up.
These people wear guns in public...think about that....and the responsibility in doing such a thing.
Amen! I'll drink to that. :iconbeer:

wtgrant87

I live in Indianapolis where this happened. The entire motorcycle community has been staging protests and petitions since day one. People are doing all they can to get the BAC test readmitted to the court case. Also, the FBI is now involved with the investigation to get it out of the hands of the officers that already messed it up which hopefully will help.

Back To Reality

I have mixed emotions about them getting the blood alcohol test re-admitted.

I am leaning toward an opinion that it should remain excluded given the fact that the officers screwed up the collection and paper process. I'm afraid if the data is re-admitted under current circumstances, then it may set precedent for data for other cases to be submitted in the future that was gathered using substandard collection processes.

I more strongly feel that a good compromise would be to exclude the blood alcohol data, but to exact severe punishment on the characters who executed the crappy data collection process, and to hope that it serves as a reminder that substandard work will not be tolerated.

I'm glad the FBI is involved.

Thanks.

wtgrant87

I have mixed emotions about them getting the blood alcohol test re-admitted.

I am leaning toward an opinion that it should remain excluded given the fact that the officers screwed up the collection and paper process. I'm afraid if the data is re-admitted under current circumstances, then it may set precedent for data for other cases to be submitted in the future that was gathered using substandard collection processes.

I more strongly feel that a good compromise would be to exclude the blood alcohol data, but to exact severe punishment on the characters who executed the crappy data collection process, and to hope that it serves as a reminder that substandard work will not be tolerated.

I'm glad the FBI is involved.

Thanks.
4 officers on the scene have been demoted already and the trial has yet to start so I think that there will be acceptable results in the end.

JSP

Super Moderator
We need to relax on the general cop bashing. Not just in this thread but some of the others as well.

There will be a bad seed in any group or organization. Dont lump all officers as bad because they are all not.

Calling all police, "pigs", etc. needs to stop. I am good friends with a sheriff's deputy and he is an outstanding person. He has even arrested one of his own riding buddies for doing some stuff that I wont get into here. He is the leader of our riding group and can ride the hell out of his R1. He even let me ride it.

So lets chill on the bashing and focus only on those individuals that have been "proven" guilty. There are far more great officers out there than bad, lets not forget that.

So let this be a warning, although its already been warned before, that cop bashing will not be accepted.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

If a Police Officer is not a member of "The Oath Keepers", He/She should be. If He/She refuses....well what you have is a rogue who refuses to follow the US Constitution and all laws as defined by the state, county or city where they work....and they carry a gun.

There are certain requirements that I consider necessary to be in law enforcement and thank God most of my brothers follow the code.

Roaddawg

We need to relax on the general cop bashing. Not just in this thread but some of the others as well.

There will be a bad seed in any group or organization. Dont lump all officers as bad because they are all not.

Calling all police, "pigs", etc. needs to stop. I am good friends with a sheriff's deputy and he is an outstanding person. He has even arrested one of his own riding buddies for doing some stuff that I wont get into here. He is the leader of our riding group and can ride the hell out of his R1. He even let me ride it.

So lets chill on the bashing and focus only on those individuals that have been "proven" guilty. There are far more great officers out there than bad, lets not forget that.

So let this be a warning, although its already been warned before, that cop bashing will not be accepted.
THANK YOU!!! :thumbup: Can we get back to talking about our love for our FZ6R?!? I log onto this forum almost every day (since April 09) and look forward to seeing the mods people are doing and everyone sharing ideas and thoughts about improving our bikes. It's been a great forum but lately when I log on, I see a bunch of cop haters bashing the profession as a whole because they think they know everything about 'reality' when in actuality they know nothing of the profession and what it entails. If you want to vent your frustrations over your hate for cops, I'm sure there are other forums you could log onto. Please keep this garbage out of here and try contributing to this forum about motorcycling.