Mods or Technical

her24gl

Hey all!! Thanks for the input on my adjustability question in the other thread. I have now officially "crossed over to the darkside" as my 600RR friend puts it. I am now the proud owner of a bouncing baby "R". In yellow, of course. Still hanging out at the dealer, getting final tweaks on those handlebars.

Am not sure if these questions should go under mod or technical, so forgive me if I've put them in the wrong place. I have basic questions about compatibility with aftermarket "bike specific" products.....

Time to "dress" it up. I've noticed one post about taillights.

(1) I'd like to get a modulator for the brakelight and headlight, and have already purchase two little LED "thingies" (highly technical, I know) to mount on my licenseplate frame. Does anyone know if the R and "big brother" (FZ6) use the same wiring harness??

(2) Has anyone got a "Scorpio" alarm system (for any bike or the "R" specifically)? I think they're a great idea, if they work in the real world, and would like some feedback. They also have bike specific harnesses (for the FZ6), but a universal one as well, that I fear would require some cutting. Any hints, tips or watchouts?

(3) Tank protector vs Bra? I see that there are universal and bike-specific plastic tank protectors. Are the "6" and the "R" tanks the same? I also like the idea of the bigger coverage of a "bra" for the back side of the tank. Again, do the two have the same tank? If not, is there a better fit to one of the other models? Opinions? Pro's, Con's??

If no one here knows? Do I call Yamaha directly?? (never done that.)

Thanks all!!!

W

wolfc70

The only thing I can answer is the tank protector. I bought a larger clear aftermarket one, for less than the Yamaha one. I like the clean looks of the pad over the bra. Most tank bras I have seen are universal, so just find one that will fit a sport bike tank. The R tank is smaller (in capacity) than the FZ6 tank, so I am assuming the shapes are a little different too.

F

fz6974

what kind of handlebars are you putting on?. i am trying to do research on handlebars for my fz6. i want to go lower and more forward. any suggestions are welcome