Modding the seat foam, any ideas or experience?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Deathdiesel

I ordered a gelpad with my seat cover, but I really don't want to cut into my oem foam.I've had a few ideas.

First idea was rebond carpet padding.It wears well, is available in different depths and only costs roughly $5-$10 a yard.

At first I was thinking about trying to spray glue the rebond to my seat (top layer) then cut my gel pad into the rebond.

After talking to Marthy, i'm thinking about starting from scratch.

Something like 3/4" rebond as a base layer, 2" of high density foam trimmed to fit up top with the gelpad cut into the bottom side of the top layer of foam.

Any ideas or input?I know thin rebond tears easily.I'm just thinking that for its price it might be worth a chance.I can always redo it over the winter if the rebond starts to crumble.
For the time and effort invested, you may just wanna send it to spencers seat mods..Dunno if youve ever done stuff like this before, but it can be challenging, plus you need it to be very similar to stock shape for your seat cover to fit properly. Foam for seats isnt as simple as one would think. Some foams are built waay superior to others, in terms of weathering and comfort.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member