Metzler M3

GoGreen09

Seems like I'm one of the few out there that even gave these tires a try. I commute with my 6R so when I found nails on both the front and rear tires (Q2s), I didn't bother trying plugs; just went straight for new tires. Of course I found the nails on a Sunday morning when all the bike shops are closed. There was a shop that was open and offered the Metzlers for cheap. My first choice was to try some Michelins but they didn't have a matching rear. No luck on the Bridgestone S20s either. Last choice... Metzler.... Had no choice so I didn't know how I would like them.

Honestly, I still don't know if I like them, or it's just that I don't want to admit that I actually like them. They felt twitchy at first, but I got used to it. When new, it felt like it didn't want to stay on the center. I tried a couple of freeway exits with a little extra speed and they were actually stable! I don't have specs so I'm not sure if they're lighter than the Q2s. I feel like the bike has better acceleration right now with the M3s. Again, no scientific proof, just a feeling. Do they handle better than the Q2s? I don't know since I haven't taken these to the track. I'm a chicken when it comes to lean angles on the street so I can't gauge them with everyday riding. I was able to push the Q2 to the edge at Infineon Raceway and always confident with them.

So am I the only one that's willing to admit owning these tires? If you ride with the M3s, I'd like to hear how you like them on our bike! I only have about 700 miles on these, so I also want to see how much you got out of them.

Brock Kickass

I have 6000km and counting on a pair on my FZ1. I'll (just) squeeze the rest of the season out of my rear, and probably kill 2 rears to every front. The FZ1 really shines in high-speed sweepers, and these tires have made them way more fun. They feel grippy no matter how far over I lean, and they're rock solid stable.