Metzeler Sportech M5

Sage

Well everybody, my stock front tire started looking pretty bad the past few weeks and hit the wear bars on the left side and had nearly no tread left. I would get slight wobble during hard braking and you could tell it was ending its life pretty quick. The rear still had a ways to go, but I had a crack in it that has lasted nearly 1600 miles so I decided to just replace it at the same time and quit worrying about it.

Last Monday I ordered a set of Metzeler Sportech M5 tires and just got them put on today, and I gotta tell ya, the 10ish miles it took to get home I could tell that there was a huge amount of grip over the old BT021's. The bike just fell into turns so easily and quickly that I was a little nervous the first few turns, but they are so damn smooth. :D Gunna break them in the next few days and Ill tell everyone how they are after riding on them for a while. So far though :thumbup::thumbup:

Review of the Tire from Motorcycle.com for those that care

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to put these on my bike when the stockers finally died, but the stealership lied about having them in stock when I called. So when I got there, expecting to have my elephants, I had to make a last minute change to something else. :spank::rant:

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice tires! Careful trying to kill elephants though! ;)

Sage

I was going to put these on my bike when the stockers finally died, but the stealership lied about having them in stock when I called. So when I got there, expecting to have my elephants, I had to make a last minute change to something else. :spank::rant:
They didn't have anything in my tire size and they order from parts unlimited two times a week, so it was whatever i wanted to order and the prices weren't that much different from what I found online. Loyal stealership customer ftw ;)

and I'm gunna be quite careful till these get broken in haha :)

Spunky99

I loved mine. Very confidence inspiring.
Just warm them up before you hit elephant #4 or beyond.

RoadTrip

Yeah, I put a new set on my FZ6R right before I traded it, they were real smooth and confidence inspiring, moreso than the OEM Roadsmarts (although those treated me fine as well)