Luggage for now + gps mod

B

boomerd123

Hey folks. New FZ6R rider here. Love the bike! 2500 some odd miles on it now. I made a couple mods out of necessity for a trip i took from NJ to washington DC. But basically I started with the flat male/female connection that comes with a battery tender. I mounted that to the battery, found a 12v cigarette lighter socket from a boat shop... a few splices and zip ties later and I had a power mount for my GPS. As far as the mount it self is concerned. I took my old set of 7/8 dirtbike handlebars and stole one of the clamps used for the handguards off it. I then took a flat mounting bracket off a GPS mount kit from Best BUY.. and a little velcro and Bam finished. I went well over 220 miles @ around 80mph the whole way and the GPS didnt budge. As far as cargo. I took 2 basic tie downs, Unbuttoned the rear seat and ran them underneath. I then took a standard rectangluar gymbag and away I went.

Pics to Follow

Shawn

J

jtarkany

:welcome: Enjoy and Ride Safe.

I'd like to see pics of the gps when you get it in, I want to mount one by my guage on the FZ6, the FZ6r looks like it might have more room under the screen by the guages to do it.