Lowering the rear end.

AfDevin86

I am trying to lower the rear end on my new fz6r. I can't find ANYTHING on what I need to do it. The only advice I got from the dealer is to soften the spring rate in the rear end. I will ABSOLUTELY not do that! I like a stiff ride.

MNDZA

How much are you trying to lower it? What about the front end?

phocoyote7

I am trying to lower the rear end on my new fz6r. I can't find ANYTHING on what I need to do it. The only advice I got from the dealer is to soften the spring rate in the rear end. I will ABSOLUTELY not do that! I like a stiff ride.
Ebay had some lowering straps on there the other day, just checked and someone had purchased them. Not sure how they are for street riding, believe they are for drag racing.

AfDevin86

I want to lower the front 2" that is really easy, you just lide the fork up the triple tree and most likely strap it, I am not sure yet. I am wanting to lower the rear about 1.74". Normally you just use links to lower the rear but there is only ONE mounting poisition for the rear spring. HELP ME! PLEASE!

cbzdel

calm down haha....

its a new bike.. most people are out riding instead of worrying about modding and lowering it..

Just wait, parts will slowly start being released as the bike gains popularity..

A

agmom98

I am trying to lower the rear end on my new fz6r. I can't find ANYTHING on what I need to do it.
My suggestion is to gain confidence and experience riding it and you'll soon overcome the need to lower it.

AfDevin86

I really hope this does not come across rude. I don't want or need to change my riding habbits. I want to lower the bike so I can flat foot it better and so it looks better. I just wanted technical advice on lowering this specific bike.

Thank you~

cbzdel

how tall are you?

MNDZA

I want to lower the front 2" that is really easy, you just lide the fork up the triple tree and most likely strap it, I am not sure yet. I am wanting to lower the rear about 1.74". Normally you just use links to lower the rear but there is only ONE mounting poisition for the rear spring. HELP ME! PLEASE!
ABOUT 1.74"? Where did you get that number from?

cbzdel

xplodnstar

You're 5'7" and can't flat foot it? Are you all torso? J/K

I know what you're looking for, but there's nothing out there for this bike yet. I've been looking for myself since I am of the "inseam challenged". I'd just like to get both balls of my feet down at the same time. :rolleyes: <sigh>

thepod

The best I have come up with thus far is a 30 mm lower spring from hyperpro. It is only available for the fz6 as of right now. I emailed them and they don't have anyone in until tuesday, so I don't know if there is anything in the pipeline for the fz6r. I thought that the FZ6 and the FZ6r have the same shock because they do have the same travel, but it appears they are not the same part number. If I can't find anything soon, I may just order the spring, have it installed and see what happens. It's like $120

S

stryken

You do not want to do this by adjusting forks in the tree. I lowered the front of my fz6 30mm this way and it changed everything about the way the bike handled, In a bad way. At first I thought it was just a getting used to it type of thing but after almost going into a tank slapper a 85mph on a highway curve I went straight home and changed it to only 5mm and it was much better. You could probably go to 10mm safely but I would not go past that for sure. The reason I did this was because I dropped the rear 30mm with a hyperpro spring and thought I could just match that with a fork raise. NO GOOD, I will just have to purchase the matching front springs. I know you have a FZR6 not an FZ6 but I'm sure results would be the same. Like another member said, give it a few months and the proper components will be there for you. I am also 5'7 and had the same problem with the taller FZ6. You will get used to it and by the time the proper components come available it will be an extra treat as lowering it will just be icing on the cake as you are now comfortable with it as it is.

cbzdel

You're 5'7" and can't flat foot it? Are you all torso? J/K

I know what you're looking for, but there's nothing out there for this bike yet. I've been looking for myself since I am of the "inseam challenged". I'd just like to get both balls of my feet down at the same time. :rolleyes: <sigh>
I am 6' and can hardly flat foot it, I can flat foot on one side only and the other side is about 1-1/2" from touching the heal.. It sucks I am all torso and have VERY short legs!!

MNDZA

The best I have come up with thus far is a 30 mm lower spring from hyperpro. It is only available for the fz6 as of right now. I emailed them and they don't have anyone in until tuesday, so I don't know if there is anything in the pipeline for the fz6r. I thought that the FZ6 and the FZ6r have the same shock because they do have the same travel, but it appears they are not the same part number. If I can't find anything soon, I may just order the spring, have it installed and see what happens. It's like $120
I'd just wait for something to come out for the FZ6R. That spring is not designed for this bike and the two bikes have different weights so it will not work out right.

fz6r rider

I'm 6' 1 and i have no problem flat footing on both feet i must have longer legs

fz6rwolf

I'm only 5'9ish and have the seat in the higher position and flatfoot both just fine.

AfDevin86

I'd just wait for something to come out for the FZ6R. That spring is not designed for this bike and the two bikes have different weights so it will not work out right.
Hypro does make a spring for our bike. It's for the xj6 in europe. That is basically the same bike. It comes in either just the spring for about 120 or a kit with oil for about 250. :Flash:

I don't want to use new springs. I guess I will have to wait for a bracket system. =/