Lowering link...

gizmogirl

:wav: Has anyone in Canada ordered AND obtained a lowering link for our bike? My husband has talked via e-mail to Roaring Toyz and was directed to Canadian firms in Ontario and Nova Scotia. While the Ontario shop did not answer their phones, the Nova Scotia shop said they would get the link and call us back for shipping. Several weeks have passed and nada....:mad:
Anyone??

joloy133

Hyperpro suspension have the lowering link and spring kit to match. Do a search and you'll find the member who did it for his wife, with great results.
(thepod review dated 6-7-09)

Bikegirl88

My Link and Stand should be in and installed this week. Envy Rides Ink took care of the logistics for me.

Good Luck!

SLC

I bought the link and kickstand directly from the Roaring toyz website and it only took a few days to get it, then again, I am in Florida.

I'm sure the shipping would be a bit more but that would be the route I would go.

gizmogirl

Thank you...

I will exercise the patience I tell my husband to use :rolleyes: and wait a bit more. Then I will contact one of the outlets mentioned above to get what I desperately need!
I do not know where the problem is, but to take over a month to order and still not receive this link seems a bit slow..:rant:

pyrocpu

I totally understand the desire for lowering links for those who might have difficulty in flat-footing the bike, but is there a handing/performance advantage or disadvantage in a lowering link? I'm just curious... no idea how bike geometry affects stuff...

pilninggas

I totally understand the desire for lowering links for those who might have difficulty in flat-footing the bike, but is there a handing/performance advantage or disadvantage in a lowering link? I'm just curious... no idea how bike geometry affects stuff...
in simple terms the steeper the forks of a motorcycle (steeper camber [+] shorter rake), the faster it will turn. By lowering the back end the steering will be made slower (i.e. it will not turn into the curve as easy/quickly). This is why lots of people jack up the back of sports bikes - to noticeably speed the steering up. However if the steering is made too steep, the bike tends to tank-slap or be unpredictable/unstable at speed (hence why sportsbikes and racebikes run steering-dampers).

If you lower the rear-end of a bike, you should lower the front by a similar amount; roaring toyz website says the same thing. Of course then you loose some ground clearance, but as long as you are careful, you shoudl be okay.

btw, the xj6 (+ i assume the fz6r run 26 degrees of steering angle) making it quite slow turning, this is off-set by the lightness of the machine and makes for a very stable and forgiving chassis and ride. I might jack mine up at some point to see how it changes the dynamics.

Last edited:

pyrocpu

Ahhhh! Gotcha. I get it now. OK, so best do it as a pair. Noted.

Thank you for that explanation! :)

Kleinfalls

Central Yamaha in Plano Texas has a way to flip a part change the spring and does it for $400 - and no need for a different kickstand - you may want to give them a call. The $400 is if they do it - labor included - just parts cheaper - it's a spring from Europe. They had one on the showroom floor lowered this way - my wife is 5'4" and was almost flat footed.

gizmogirl

Yowsers!!

This is not going well.:eek: I gave up on the Nova Scotia dealer and phoned Envy Rides Ink, as suggested on this forum. They were going to get a price and phone back. After a week, I left a message asking how the search was going, but, to date, no reply.:banghead:
If anyone discovers a reliable source, ANYWHERE, please add a note to this thread. My husband is offering to whittle a link from wood while he is at the ranch!!:eek:

joloy133

This is not going well.:eek: I gave up on the Nova Scotia dealer and phoned Envy Rides Ink, as suggested on this forum. They were going to get a price and phone back. After a week, I left a message asking how the search was going, but, to date, no reply.:banghead:
If anyone discovers a reliable source, ANYWHERE, please add a note to this thread. My husband is offering to whittle a link from wood while he is at the ranch!!:eek:
Here's a proven one, these were out first! High performance motorcycle suspension sales and service from EPM Performance Imports Good luck.

gizmogirl

Whoo Hoo!!

Called EPM Performance and ordered the lowering link as if this was a normal purchase! Same should be shipped tomorrow.:thumbup:
Now, why did we have such as poor showing from our Canadian suppliers??:surrender:

gizmogirl

OK????

EPM called back yesterday to advise that they no longer have a lowering link, but now offered a lowering spring for about the same price. So, the new spring should be here later next week and we will see how this goes. It will lower the bike 1.25" which is close enough to the elusive link from Roaring Toyz.
This is quite the adventure......:wav:

Dunkirk

I know this thread is a few months old but what was the name of the dealer in Nova Scotia?
I wish you luck in looking for the lowering link in Canada. The Ontario dealer for Roarin' Toyz was not helpful. Roarin' Toyz itself won't ship to Canada, won't process a credit card with a Canadian billing address.

Coquitlam's a suburb of Vancouver, so I had mine shipped to Washington to pick up. I hope you get it somehow in Nova Scotia.