Loving this new bike

blkbrd

Elite Member

Tmak73

I started on an 05' GS500 last Spring and bought my 6r in October. Good starter bike but the fz6r fit exactly what i wanted.

Superzoom

Blkbrd, I came within inches of buying a barely used GS500 off a Kijiji (like Craigslist) ad. It would have been $2500 cheaper than what I ended up paying for my FZ6R. I did lots of research on the GS500, and it is indeed a good bike. I was worried about it not being EFI since my last EFI bike had really shown me the great benefits of not having to deal with carbs.

So I went to see the bike and tried to start it. The battery was almost dead, and only had enough juice for three starting attempts. It didn't come close to turning over. Since the battery was almost dead, I knew the bike had not been properly stored over the winter and probably had some varnishing in the carbs. I had initially asked if the bike had been properly winterized and been told yes. So this was the deal breaker for me.

Yes, the FZ6R is superior to the GS in every way (except I think weight) and really outshines it with engine, EFI and suspension. The GS is a very old design. I read all about the extremely cold blooded engine and thought I could live with it. Then I saw the FZ6R on sale and bought one. The FZ6R is worth every penny.

You made a good upgrade.