losing power in low gear cruising

LocoLechero

having an issue here not sure whats going on - when in low gear 1st/2nd city type traffic cruising when on light throttle the bike seems to be struggling like its not getting fuel or something- kinda pulsey/choking. other than that it rides as it should just that low throttle cruise it seems like its gonna die out ( it doesnt die but it doesn't purrrr ya know) ALSO it seems like i have these issues after i just fuel mostly- HELP

LocoLechero

bump - help me

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LocoLechero

the only thing i have changed since ive started having this problem is lowering the front end 1 inch - thats it. i since have raised the front back up 1/2inch - still having problem. i think its getting worse- i checked my juice box and its light up (operational) i will have to take a closer look - make sure i havent pinched/pulled any lines. P.S. i do run 85 octane gas pretty religiously - i dunno if that has anything to do with it

SixRFixR

Bikes seem to hunt for a stable rpm when they're running lean. Maybe it's that or that coupled with a loose chain.

LocoLechero

changed spark plugs - no luck -
disconnected juice box - SUCCESS!!!! it was my fuel controller all along - i plugged it into my computer and it didn't throw any errors and was running the correct map - hopefully i can file a warranty claim thru two bros - anyone else have issues with juice box just straight f**king up?? ALSO how long can i safely run without a controller??

LocoLechero

SOOOOOOOO- i called 2 bro's and they thought its a connection issue because there are no moving parts within the controller itself- plugged the juice box back in rode for 20 miles no problem- filled up my gas tank - 5 miles later started having same hesitation/stuttering issues ( especially around 5k rpm) LAST time it started around 5k rpm and got progressively worse ( 1-3 gear massive hesitation/jumping. I'M SURE its the fuel controller and unfortunately i'm thinking i might have to switch over to a PCV + auto-tune ( they are all made by the same f**king company anyway) I don't wanna spend the money but i wanna do the best thing for my bike in the long run and i cant ride like this - and don't wanna run her without a fuel controller all together - i'm seriously considering going back to my stock exhaust :(

buzzbomb

Elite Member

LocoLechero

ive heard from quite a few people that juice box's are garbage( although made by the same company as PCV) - my dilemma now is change controllers or return to stock ( although that 2 bros tickles me endless :D ) PCV + auto-tune + bung weld + base dyno tune = 600$$ plus - also a defunct JB PRO $175 (dead money :zombie: ) this exhaust ($800+) is continuing to cost me major bucks for my bike to run PROPER - UGH !!!!!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

LocoLechero

obviously the bike runs PROPER straight from Yamaha - I want it to run PROPER with the 1000$$ i spent on an exhaust+fuel controller. I'm tempted to go back stock, but she looks good and sounds better :D rock and hard place!! ive narrowed it down to 3 choices :

1 - buy ANOTHER juice box - 175$ hope for the best - maybe get a DYNO so i'm running right

2 - buy a PCV - 260$ - maybe an AUTO-TUNE also - 225$ - also a DYNO - have it run SUPER PROPER :D

3 - Go back stock - sell exhaust - no more issues ( wallet wise + piece of mind knowing it running PROPER - but losing money on exhaust/controller)

selling/losing money vs. spending more money

Last edited:

LocoLechero

so i plugged my juice box back in - set the map to ZERO- and the bike ran fine. So apparently my issue is with my previous map ( pre-loaded two bros map) I don't see how all of a sudden after 1 yr running fine with that map my bike would start having these problems (I didn't change anything). I feel like there's something i'm missing...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member