Looking to buy an FZ6R in the GTA

dawg

Looking to buy an FZ6R in the GTA - Edit: Finally got one!

Hey Everyone, this is my first post on here so please go easy on me.

I'm looking to buy an FZ6R (Raven) and called a few places but none of the dealerships have them in stock. One dealer is going to get one in shortly and another said there is none in Ontario and they would have to order from Vancouver. I was hoping that I could negotiate the price with different dealerships to get the best price but it seems like that will be difficult since the availability is limited.

Wondering if anyone has advice to shop around and how low do you think they could go for a 2011 FZ6R?

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

dawg

I just left a deposit and should be getting it next week....can't wait! I also ordered frame sliders (the ones you have to cut).

Wondering now if i made a mistake getting the sliders since they have to cut the fairings:eek: and i see you can get the no-cut ones. What do you guys think, can't seem to find any info on them on here?

blkbrd

Elite Member

dawg

Here is a link to the Shogun installation.
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/shogun-frame-sliders-perfect-fit-installation-21638/

I'm not sure how many people are using the type where you cut the fairings but as long as the hole doesn't get screwed up you're OK. Congrats on the new bike!! Did you get the colour you wanted?
I think we Canadians have to revolt about the price gouging up here. The dealership where I bought mine was selling new 2011 models for $6599. CRAZY. You will love the bike. I think it's a great all around motorcycle and the EFI is awesome if you're coming from from one with carburetor(s). Very nice.
Thanks, yup I did get the colour I was looking for.

The dealership is going to install the sliders so I just hope they do a good job.

Gwai lo 2.0

Downtown T.O. here... Congratulation on the new bike! Great bike especially when you're done with the break in period... Hit me up if you want to go for a ride.

dawg

Got my bike yesterday and man I love it!

Had a close call today though. Parked my bike on the driveway and the stand started to sink into the asphalt. Thank god someone on my street noticed it and mentioned it to me. I feel like going and buying the guy something like a case of beer but I don't really know the guy.

I'm also having a hard time keeping the rpm's under 5k during the break in period. And also paranoid about potential road kill jumping out in front of me on the country roads... I live in the boonies in stouffville.

Detrich

Congrats! And welcome!

CDN6R

Congrats Dawg on the new 6R from a East Coast CDN. I live in the boonies too so ride safe,,,look out for deer, racoons, squirrels,,any thing that moves! Take Care.

Fizzer6R

Got my bike yesterday and man I love it!

Had a close call today though. Parked my bike on the driveway and the stand started to sink into the asphalt. Thank god someone on my street noticed it and mentioned it to me. I feel like going and buying the guy something like a case of beer but I don't really know the guy.

I'm also having a hard time keeping the rpm's under 5k during the break in period. And also paranoid about potential road kill jumping out in front of me on the country roads... I live in the boonies in stouffville.
congrats on the new bike! :thumbup:

they sell Anti-Sinking kickstand pads for $5-10., or you can make your own cutting a circle or square from either a small section of plastic or metal. just something to stick under and place your kickstand on to give it more of a foot-plant to rest on and prevent from going into the ground. I carry one in my tank bag

when you ride long enough, good chances a deer or squirrel will cross your path in a road. once you get some miles broken in, seriously, practice some quick braking in an open parking lot etc. - if you haven't yet, they do these types of drills in the MSF courses and helps so you won't be so shocked if/when you have to do it going faster

Last edited:

icsam

Here is a link to the Shogun installation.
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/shogun-frame-sliders-perfect-fit-installation-21638/

I'm not sure how many people are using the type where you cut the fairings but as long as the hole doesn't get screwed up you're OK. Congrats on the new bike!! Did you get the colour you wanted?
I think we Canadians have to revolt about the price gouging up here. The dealership where I bought mine was selling new 2011 models for $6599. CRAZY. You will love the bike. I think it's a great all around motorcycle and the EFI is awesome if you're coming from from one with carburetor(s). Very nice.

What dealer is that man? I am looking hard for a deal but every dealer wants over 8200 plus taxes and admin.