Looking for Moderators

Admin

Staff member
Hi Everyone... We have a number of forums with no moderator.. If anyone is interested .. pick the forum your interested in and drop me a PM.

Dennis

Barkwindjammer

Why, theres so many to chose from, or not as the case may be, I've never come across such a ridiculously large site in all the years I've been using the internet, but hey thats only my opinion, and I'm a self-confessed dork ! :cool:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Why, theres so many to chose from, or not as the case may be, I've never come across such a ridiculously large site in all the years I've been using the internet, but hey thats only my opinion, and I'm a self-confessed dork ! :cool:
You're just not going to let up on that are ya? You know, I bet they will restructure the whole site just because you constantly nag about it. Let it go.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
THANKS x 1000

Neg. rep left!

Reactions: JSP

Barkwindjammer

Nope I hope they dont restructure the hole site because of me, I hope they restructure the hole site because its 'information dis-array and over-load', its taxing on the brain, like most homo-sapiens I'm genericaly lazy, the best sites are designed around people like me-and not the other way around - fact :cool:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Nope I hope they dont restructure the hole site because of me, I hope they restructure the hole site because its 'information dis-array and over-load', its taxing on the brain, like most homo-sapiens I'm genericaly lazy, the best sites are designed around people like me-and not the other way around - fact :cool:
I'm sorry, but out of the nearly 15,000 members between here and the FZ6 site, you are the ONLY ONE to be "burdened" by the layout of the site. That's 0.0067% of all the members that can't find what they are looking for. Not enough to waste a second's worth of sleep.

Barkwindjammer

ok, so I'm talking out my ass, out of 15,000 visitors the majority hang around long enough to berate me and my opinion, I'll back off gladly :surrender:

jotapeh

I will say I agree to an extent with Barkwindjammer's sentiment, this site is pretty huge.

When I first came here though the choice was a bit overwhelming. But as it is not particularly active it's not terribly difficult to keep up with the new postings every day.

In today's climate of 'simpler is better' and the push for efficiency, etc.. a site split up into so many sub-forums can be disconcerting at first, but it really doesn't bug me at the end of the day.

JSP

Super Moderator
ok, so I'm talking out my ass, out of 15,000 visitors the majority hang around long enough to berate me and my opinion, I'll back off gladly :surrender:
Not trying to berate you and your opinion. You throw it out there any chance you get. The owner/admins know your complaint. If they choose to do something about it, they will. Constant nagging about the issue just gets people upset. It is a newer model bike, which will take more time to get people into the site. The FZ6 site is the same layout with much more people. They probably enjoy the split-up and the ability to go to the exact section for something they want to search for or post.

Just relax and enjoy your bike and the people/convo's here. It's not that big of a deal at the end of the day. We are all here to learn and talk about our bikes. Lets focus on that... We all want to get along :thumbup:

Barkwindjammer

at last someone else with an opinion, and balls, if I get banned because of my opinion who's loss is that?, mine ?, yours ?, no, I'll move on and so will old father time.

Admin

Staff member
at last someone else with an opinion, and balls, if I get banned because of my opinion who's loss is that?, mine ?, yours ?, no, I'll move on and so will old father time.
You wont get banned lol... This site is cookie cut from the FZ6 site.. It will evenually be bigger than the FZ6 as the bike is no longer in production... Its easier to plan to be big than to out grow your resources.. Then its alot more work...

Now back to the topic of moderators......;)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

arkkornkid

One thing that could help is if there was a MY POSTS button next to the NEW POSTS. That way you could easily search through any threads you've posted in and see if there is something new.

The number of sections doesn't bother me at all, and I don't know if what I suggested could even be added. But a couple of the other forums I get on has this option and it does reduce the need to search.

Sorry to get back off topic, just thought if this was possible then the argument would be moot.

/my$.02

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
One thing that could help is if there was a MY POSTS button next to the NEW POSTS. That way you could easily search through any threads you've posted in and see if there is something new.

The number of sections doesn't bother me at all, and I don't know if what I suggested could even be added. But a couple of the other forums I get on has this option and it does reduce the need to search.

Sorry to get back off topic, just thought if this was possible then the argument would be moot.

/my$.02
In your user control panel, there is a thread subscription section that does basically that.

Heineken

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member
Last edited:

arkkornkid

great info..... wish I had thoroughly scoped the user cp a long time ago. This is going to come in very handy.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member