Looking for a highway based tire

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Wow you are painful...sportmax has a sport touring model.
To each his own...some folks run on tires longer than others, does not really matter to me, just sharing.
Painful? Just trying to get an idea of why you got so few miles out of a sport touring tire and I got my answer a m3 which is definitely not a sport touring tire as stated by metzler, and when you grouped the brands in an earlier post I assumed you were talking about the sportmax on the same level as the m3 which would be something like the sportmax q2, also why i said depending on what sportmax you had since just saying sportmax is pretty vague. I understand everyone has different riding styles which is completely understandable to see varying mileage of the same tire, on the same bike. But when you said expect to get a 1/3 to 1/2 the miles that 90% of riders get out of sport touring tires, I was curious to know why....

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

RoadTrip

ha ha, just have to throw this out there, I get about 2K on my rear hypersports - lots of chipseal and throttle I guess. Too stubborn to try an ST rear, I like the extra stick, the $$ is worth it to keep my confidence up.

See red

I might be stupid but I may just go with a dualsport tire. 80/20 seem to get just as good mileage and allow me the backroads I take.

BTW... we live in chicagoland, taxes through the roof and craptastic roads. Hell we officially have the highest gas prices in the nation.... how te f- do we cost more per gallon than an island???? lol!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Chevyfazer

I might be stupid but I may just go with a dualsport tire. 80/20 seem to get just as good mileage and allow me the backroads I take.

BTW... we live in chicagoland, taxes through the roof and craptastic roads. Hell we officially have the highest gas prices in the nation.... how te f- do we cost more per gallon than an island???? lol!
What about a supermoto tire? Probably give you a lot better traction in the twisties while still being decent off road, can't speak for mileage on those though

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I didn't even know they ever stopped making them, I've herd pretty much the same things about those as the pr2's. People love em!

swatguy

Ha. I hear ya loud and clear. I hate this City more and more everyday. They need to cut alderman in half. Wtf do we need 50 for. On a side note downtown will be destroyed after the g8/ NATO convention. Whom ever pitched that idea is insane

Last edited: