Look what happened to my brand new BT23's

0150r

This was my brand new tire (less than 50 miles on it) until someone cut me off at 60mph and slammed on their brakes because they were too impatient to stay in their lane. Locked up both brakes and left this nasty imprint of the rain grooves from the road surface. You can see how new the tire is because the rubber strings from the injection molding haven't worn off yet...

I hate California drivers.

Attachments

Detrich

wow, i've never seen a new tire do that... it should even out after a couple thousand miles tho... and, the important thing is u saved the bike and didn't get hurt. but, totally agree. some jerks just shouldn't be driving...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

RoadTrip

wow, that is amazing, those rain groves must have been pretty sharp - they do those round here, but in a cross hatch. If it were my tire I would prolly keep riding it and just take careful note on how the tire looks after each ride, like Detrich said it should just wear off after awhile, but it is definitely scarey looking.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Rookasaki

wow never seen that before either. I would take the tire back and show them. That's crazy. Glad you're ok. Sorry.

0150r

I took it back to the dealer just to be sure...they said it's good to go, I still have a lot of tread left under the grooves. I'm going to keep an eye on it just to be sure though.