Longest daily commute

Roaddawg

I've been commuting 52 miles one-way into San Francisco (2.5 hours round trip) for over two years, but I took a new position at work and now its 10 miles and 10 minutes to work. I don't miss the Bay Area commute traffic, but I do miss riding my bike everyday for 2.5 hours. Now I just get to spend more fun time on her instead of commute time.

miketriebsch

i guess im lucky. Mines only 28 miles one way... from st. augustine, fl to flagler beach.

AngryAnt

2.5 miles one way, and that's taking the "long way" lol

Grumpy

Dependiong on which house I'm at, McHenerey to Evanston is 35 miles one way and when i'm in Park Ridge by O'Hara Air Port to Evanston 11 miles. The McHenery run isn't bad in the morning.

amg14

When I opened this thread I thought I would have the shortest commute but who ever has the 30ft walk for their "commute" clearly works from home or something...I don't think that should count. Nevertheless I don't ride my 6r to work bc google maps says my commute is 1.1 miles. I live very close to where I work. Not for much longer as I grow older I'm coming to the point that I can't keep teaching tennis for a living. Gotta grow up some time.

Anyone who has leads in the metro detriot area let know ;)

blkbrd

Elite Member

Bloke

Lol at some of your commutes.

Less than 3 miles, i'd walk it.
Less than 20 miles, I'd cycle it (used to do 54 a day a few years back)

Mine is at 60 miles :) but I carry a ton of stuff with me so I drive it.

Basically my limit on commuting is "about an hour".

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

6R Blackout

About 4.5 miles for me one way, I guess about roughly 10 miles round trip, depending on my route. I can go about 3-4 different ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

txjames

Elite Member

Spunky99

Kdubb223

I got ya.....4.2 miles each way, surface streets only so 8.4 round trip.:p
feb 7th. new apartment. then I got ya.... 3.1 each way :D

CrazyCawi

I used to do 97 miles one way...boy was weather a booger some days...one area cold and windy the other area warm and sweaty