Leftover 2013 FZ6R's

yellolab

Anyone know the story on these? I just bought one, and there seems to be quite a few on the market.
Just seems odd to me that there are so many 2013 leftovers- I would expect lots of 2014, but not 2013's.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

2013 models had basic paint/ interesting sticker updates that didnt sell well in most regions, where as 2014 Yamaha got their shit together & released darn good paint & sticker schemes -that would be the reason behind IMO

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

lark

2013 models had basic paint/ interesting sticker updates that didnt sell well in most regions, where as 2014 Yamaha got their shit together & released darn good paint & sticker schemes -that would be the reason behind IMO

now I argued with my salesman for a while because I said "I want a white 2013 fz6r, do you have it?" and his replies were, what about the fz07, or the 2014 or even the 2015?! Finally I just said look, I'm a girl and I like the 2013 red and white. I think the 2014 red and white looks dumb. :p but hey, it's all about whatever you want. They're exaclty the same bike year to year and I got the 2013 significantly cheaper than I could've gotten the newer ones.

yellolab

Yup pretty much what I found out. Honestly, I wanted the Honda CBR650F, but it's ~$8500.

I bought the new 2013 FZ6R for $5100 delivered to my house. I just could not pass up that price. The CBR65F is real nice, but not worth $3000+ more than the FZ6R. At least in my opinion.

Bert-Aus

now I argued with my salesman for a while because I said "I want a white 2013 fz6r, do you have it?" and his replies were, what about the fz07, or the 2014 or even the 2015?! Finally I just said look, I'm a girl and I like the 2013 red and white. I think the 2014 red and white looks dumb. :p but hey, it's all about whatever you want. They're exaclty the same bike year to year and I got the 2013 significantly cheaper than I could've gotten the newer ones.
The white with red frame is the best colour scheme from ALL years!

latony007

Yup pretty much what I found out. Honestly, I wanted the Honda CBR650F, but it's ~$8500.

I bought the new 2013 FZ6R for $5100 delivered to my house. I just could not pass up that price. The CBR65F is real nice, but not worth $3000+ more than the FZ6R. At least in my opinion.
5100 out the door taxes and everything? That is a screaming deal even for a 13.

yellolab

5100 out the door taxes and everything? That is a screaming deal even for a 13.
$5100 included destination, dealer prep and delivery($800) to my house. It did NOT include taxes, which in my state will be $258 when I register it. So $4300 for bike and $800 for delivery= $5100.

I could have gotten cheaper delivery of about $600 if I arranged it myself, but I wanted "one-stop" shopping for the dealer would have accountability and full responsibility if something bad happened during transit.

I bought it out of state.

Last edited:

Alex6

F#ck that buzzy milkshaker. You did well with FZ6R.

latony007

$5100 included destination, dealer prep and delivery($800) to my house. It did NOT include taxes, which in my state will be $258 when I register it. So $4300 for bike and $800 for delivery= $5100.

I could have gotten cheaper delivery of about $600 if I arranged it myself, but I wanted "one-stop" shopping for the dealer would have accountability and full responsibility if something bad happened during transit.

I bought it out of state.
For a brand new bike that rocks!!! That is by far the best deal i have seen on here. can i have tha dealers name? :)
I can't buy out of state because its a PITA to get anything not meant for California Emissions registered here. man you should have got 2. Used ones are more than that.

JBAX

Yup. Similar to what I paid for my new white/black, red framed 2013. Best color combo I could find. And more money left for gear and MODS!

bsraero

White with red frame 2013 for 5400 Out the door here in Washington just before thanksgiving. They had 2 left.

I found one 2 years ago on clearance for 6500 but glad I held out.

Alex6

White with red frame 2013 for 5400 Out the door here in Washington just before thanksgiving. They had 2 left.

I found one 2 years ago on clearance for 6500 but glad I held out.
Or you could have been riding since 2 years ago...

latony007

Or you could have been riding since 2 years ago...
1100 for 2 years makes out to about $10 a week. I would have taken the bike :)
that is a rocking deal though. i thought i did excellent on mine at 6300 being in southern cal where its pretty much the most expensive place on the planet behind NYC.

NMdesertracer

Doesnt have the metal piece around the swingarm under the axle. uses chain alignment marks inside the swingarm. Kinda hard to explain.

Last edited:

Fizzer6R

a month or two ago, a couple guys on the yamahafz1oa forum scored some left over FZ1's for I believe 6400.-6700 OTD from a couple dealers in Indiana - smoking deal! :cool:

latony007

a month or two ago, a couple guys on the yamahafz1oa forum scored some left over FZ1's for I believe 6400.-6700 OTD from a couple dealers in Indiana - smoking deal! :cool:
i want one, if i dont replace my cruiser with a can am i may go look see if i can replace the 6r with an Fz1 :)