Kinglake Ride

Grizzly

Had a cracking ride up to Kinglake on Melbourne Cup day and then down along the chum creek road to Healesville. Did the ride in reverse on the way home.

I cannot speak highly enough of this bike! I've had mainly sports bikes my whole riding life (RD250LC, VF1000R, ZX9R, GSXR750 and then GSXR1000) so this is my first 'sports tourer' although the VF1000R could have been classed as one of those, and I cannot get over how capable it is on the road.

It's got the protection of the screen, road biased gearing and the suspension is just so confidence inspiring.

Excellent grip levels too even on a sports tourer bridgestone rear which I think might have come standard with the bike.

I'm really looking forward to taking this thing up around Bright in December.

[/URL][/IMG]

Bert-Aus

I love those yellow 'fun location' signs!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

LOL, somebody is going to do it and it may as well be me:

Ahem. *clears throat* "You did the ride in reverse on the way home? That must have been quite a challenge. These bikes don't even have reverse!"

BA-DUM-TSSS!
Bet he threw in some reverse stoppies too!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

Dont see many guys going from a GSXR750 or 1000 to the FZ6R. Got tired of being uncomfortable all the time? :)
i think thats why GSXR are so fast, you can only stand to be on one for a very short time so gotta hurry up and get there lol

Grizzly

I think that's what it was in the end. I realised that what I was looking for was a bike that did all things; track, touring and commuting. What I now realise is that nothing exists to do everything and that ideally you should have one of each in the garage (cruiser, adventure tourer, commuter, track weapon, scooter) but there's just not enough money in the bank to cover this scenario.

Whilst I was able to do all of these three things on the gixxer 750 (for 10 years) and the gixxer 1000 for 9 months, most of my riding is on the commute so I made the decision to buy something that was perfect for the commute and comfortable touring. I'll hire a S1000RR or borrow a mates CBR1000 (for a small fee :)) for track days and enjoy the diversion for everything else.

I've got a KTM 300 exc 2011 for cheap dirt thrills. As much fun as at the track on the gixxer 1000 in my opinion but at a fraction of the cost.

Dont see many guys going from a GSXR750 or 1000 to the FZ6R. Got tired of being uncomfortable all the time? :)
i think thats why GSXR are so fast, you can only stand to be on one for a very short time so gotta hurry up and get there lol

Jimmyjojo

I did this ride today.. Some great views if you know when to turn off. Was windy last night so there was alot of branches on the road which slowed me down but it's was still a nice blast..

I came back via the road from Kinglake to hurstbridge... holly F&@K that's an intense road. Narrow but quality surface, lots of twissty's and scares the crap out of you when a car come around and your mid bend. I found 2nd gear was too low for my riding skills but 3rd allowed me to get decent control of the throttle and still pulled out of the corners hard enough to have fun. I was taking that really tight stuff at 40km, could easly go much harder but they are blind corners with zero room for error. Had a near miss with one car that entered my lane. A highly recommended road but I imagine way to tight for a large bike, FZ6R was more than enough.

Photo 1-03-2015 4 19 40 pm.jpg

Had a cracking ride up to Kinglake on Melbourne Cup day and then down along the chum creek road to Healesville. Did the ride in reverse on the way home.

I cannot speak highly enough of this bike! I've had mainly sports bikes my whole riding life (RD250LC, VF1000R, ZX9R, GSXR750 and then GSXR1000) so this is my first 'sports tourer' although the VF1000R could have been classed as one of those, and I cannot get over how capable it is on the road.

It's got the protection of the screen, road biased gearing and the suspension is just so confidence inspiring.

Excellent grip levels too even on a sports tourer bridgestone rear which I think might have come standard with the bike.

I'm really looking forward to taking this thing up around Bright in December.

[/URL][/IMG]