k&n air filter

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Kayo7

The one for the bike does come pre-oiled, I have one in my bike and on my truck.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Alex6

any proven advantages of a K&N air filter?
Price wise about the same as the OEM, but can be re-used.

How much work is washing these filters? what do you do exactly to "wash & clean them". I would believe that then to re-oil you just spray it down?
See this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmK1VFEMbg]How to Clean K&N Air Filters - AutoAnything How-To - YouTube[/ame]

Y

yellowfz

Ok, so along the same lines of the thread... I have the cleaner and re-oiler spray already. ONCE I actually place it in the bike, I am good for about 24k miles again I would believe before I would need to wash it.

How much work is washing these filters? what do you do exactly to "wash & clean them". I would believe that then to re-oil you just spray it down.

Pending the work involved I might consider getting on for my Blazer. I purchased the purolator Premium ONE w/ oiled filter (supposedly the good 99% filtration one). I want good filtration on the blazer due to issues with the MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR getting dirty and giving me codes. Clean the MAFS and it goes away and great acceleration again. I have read though that the oiled filters can cause problems with the MAFS in vehicles. Anyone have any problems?
If you over oil them, yes (MAF), doesn't take a lot of oil the make a K&N filter filter.
Easy to clean, wash, let dry and just spray with oil, don't soak the thing with oil.
Back years ago and I mean many years ago they did a filter test on MX bikes to see if a clean filter made more horsepower than a dirty one, a slightly dirty one actually made more power on the dyno, don't go making your filter pre-dirty, but just a weird fact.

Last edited by a moderator: