Just bought a stolen fz6r

dthomp87

So today I bought this bike

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310159057.699684.jpg

It was stolen about a year ago, then a month ago the guy was caught riding and ran from the police and crashed. The damage really isn't too bad. You can see how it was hot wired here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310159211.849682.jpg

Overall it needs a new tail light, few new relays, new frame sliders, ignition switch and the right tail body part. I also need the right foot peg bracket... Any one have any of this stuff?? I'll post in the want ads as well.

What is the button on the top right?? It's smashed in.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310159372.603557.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310159430.916513.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310159476.116514.jpg

CrazyCawi

That button is where the garage door opener button was.

porky45

what a steal! how many miles on her?

bmw675

just to clarify on your button question.

Yes, from factory, it is a dummy button. those same handlebars are used on the fz6 and they have a hazards button there. Multiple people on here have rigged up a garage door opener button in its place.

from the picture you posted, it appears to be just the 'solid' dummy button.

CrazyCawi

thanks for clarifying bmw...I was in a hurry typing and didnt explain it fully.

Michael Wilson

You can get all these parts from a Yamaha Factory dealership (they may have to special order them) definately have the ignition replaced at the dealership. As for the cosmetic damage you can have the dealer do that also or you can take the aftermarket route (my favorite:D)

dthomp87

it's got 6k miles. was hoping to find someone here with a parts bike as i refuse to pay stealership prices. got most the parts off eBay already OEM route en route.. I just noticed there's supposed to be a rear fender on there that looks quite crazy..

there's also very tiny hole in the crankcase that looks very repairable

Anyone recommend specific frame sliders?

dcBear78

the button is a dummy button, it serves no purpose, on other bikes its for the hazards... fz6r has no hazards...
Seeing as this (apparantly) is an international forum... That button is where those of us in a little place called the rest of the world have a hazard light switch.

Spunky99

With 6K on the bike, I can say it is most likely broken in properly.

"Break it in like you stole it" was always my motto.....