June 11th 2013

Bert-Aus

The styling of the vid gives me the impression that it will be some sort of naked bike !

See what comes of it:D

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BKP

It's French. R675 triple.
I'm with you... It could be their new triple, which has been 'the secret shouted from the rooftop' for over a year...

Honda and Kawasaki (even zuki) have been intro'ing new models like it's do or die... Yamaha is the one major Asian standout that hasn't... yet...

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

EsrTek

My thoughts from the vid is some type of super motard. However, that won't really change the 'sportbike world', not like a triple cylinder R6 would.
I'd love for them to get in the small bike game, but a 250 is not even in that game anymore! With the ninja 300 and now cbr 500 (think honda is going to kill their own 250 line w that 500).
A new yami 250 now is useless....unless it is a mini SS, meaning full out w/ more aggressive riding positions, better suspension and some actual top end.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

Yamaha MT-09

Yamaha MT-09 is a whole new concept in sport bike design. With a compact new chassis and high-torque 3-cylinder engine, this new generation performance machine is designed for riders who appreciate character and soul.

The beating heart of this new kind of animal is a lightweight 850cc 3-cylinder engine that kicks out a wide band of raw, linear torque giving outstanding acceleration that gets your adrenaline flowing.

And for agile handling this dynamic new naked motard-style bike is equipped with a compact aluminium chassis and upright riding position that make light work of everything - from weekday urban riding through to Sunday morning blasts.

115hp - 85 Nm

MT-09 2014 - Motorcycles - Yamaha Motor Europe

MT-09 2014 Features - Motorcycles - Yamaha Motor Europe

bleedinblue

Elite Member