Joe Rocket Jackets

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

I think I've seen that jacket at Bert's Mega Mall, and it looked nice...

I have both a mesh and leather Fieldsheer jacket (perforated) with removable liners and zip vents. And, I've noticed when riding in 80º temperature, the air cools me down fairly well.. It's only when I'm stopped that it gets a bit hot...

For the type of protection that we need for riding, I'm not sure that it's entirely possibly to stay cool when stopped. So, when I get off the bike I always unzip and take the jacket off. Likewise, at night when it's cold, I also take off my jacket when I get off the bike- since my body is warm. Otherwise, if my body temperature adjusts to the warmth of the jacket when I'm not riding, then it feels cold when I do ride...

I guess what I'm saying is that it helps to try to regulate your body temperature as best as you can in both hot & cold weather between when you're on the bike and off the bike...

M

mas4489

I have the Blue Phoenix 5.0 mesh jacket, its been about 75 - 85 degrees here in Columbus Ohio and its not been too bad, I'm not sweating.
Friend of mine told me he had one and had issues with the zipper, so far so good on mine. (its only been about 2 months since I've owned it)

WenMark

I have the Phoenix too. it has a removalable liner and is ventolated. I like it. It does the job winter/summer & then some. Although I have not tried others. I would buy it again if I was buying one.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

SSgtBaarnes

I've bought and enjoyed the Joe Rocket Reactor jacket. It's the mesh material that the wind blows right through which is good for this time of year in south Texas. It still has the protection in the back, elbows, shoulders, and some armor in the rib area. Really a well-made / thought out jacket and comfortable.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

pyrocpu

I agree w/ JonKerr--exactly the same here... Dainese perf leather jacket w/ optional CE spine armor for everything under 90 degrees.

Over 90 degrees and I take the S2000 w/ its air conditioning. :D

I do also have the Phoenix 5.0 (first armored jacket I ever had), but learning more about the properties of melting poly... it'll be reserved for a future hypothetical case where I absolutely have to go somewhere, on the bike, and it's balls hot outside...

Syn

Phoenix 5 is what I use

I also use the Phoenix 5 as it is usually 90 degrees plus here. I have found that you get perfect airflow through the mesh and keep cool as possible both riding and stopped.

Quietwhisper

I just bought a Speed and Strength all Leather jacket. I am very happy with it. It was a bit pricey at $500.00 but if you want to feel like your bullet proof then this is the jacket to do it with :p Great thing about this jacket is that it has a removable liner. I know most do, but even on hot days I have still never taken the liner out and have not had a problem with heat.

pyrocpu

I just bought a Speed and Strength all Leather jacket. I am very happy with it. It was a bit pricey at $500.00 but if you want to feel like your bullet proof then this is the jacket to do it with :p Great thing about this jacket is that it has a removable liner. I know most do, but even on hot days I have still never taken the liner out and have not had a problem with heat.
That Minnesota heat must be much more gentle than the super humid heat I have here!

SoCal heat > TN heat... :(

Detrich

it's finally warming up over here pyro... had to turn on the a/c yesterday... :)

Over 90 degrees and I take the S2000 w/ its air conditioning. :D

Root Down

I have the exact jacket that started this thread and love it! I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I wear it every time I ride and have had no problems in the past year with it.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member