Insurance for British Columbia

Dunkirk

I just renewed my insurance today. The ICBC portion had to stay with ICBC, but the fire/theft portion I purchased with Beacon. It was about $900 cheaper than fire/theft with ICBC. It's totally ridiculous. This 42 year old guy with 1 year motorbike 26 year driving experience ended up being charged $430.

I hope this info helps some of you out there. If I'm overpaying, someone tell me!

jokerX

Sounds good, I am paying $1400/yr through ICBC, I apparently cannot apply for 3rd party insurance until I am over 30 (at least through the one my agent offers).

pgyammy

Dunkirk, that is about what I paid here in Prince George. I have the 3rd party insurance all year and only have the ICBC insurance for 6 months.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

bobski

Have my liability with ICBC like everyone els at a rediculous rate but only for the riding season months. Have my collision, fire and theft with Chutter and pay $325 for the full 12 month year. $500 deductible. age 60 plus with many years accident free but only one year riding.

romulan

I have the minimum liability through ICBC and the rest with beacon, if your under 30 you can get it as long as you have taken an approved riding course. It is also the only way Beacon will insure a new rider. I pay about the same maybe 20 bucks less

Sirnice

$1400? :rant: That is insane. you can buy a new bike every 2-3 years with that money. I hate insurance companies.

Sounds good, I am paying $1400/yr through ICBC, I apparently cannot apply for 3rd party insurance until I am over 30 (at least through the one my agent offers).