Injector Sizing

akeizm

Hey guys,

I've aquired a set of FZ6R Throttle Bodies from a 2009 model. I'm trying to find some specs on the Injectors and havn't had any luck. It seem like hours of searching turn up nothing about the injectors, or it's like they don't exist.

I'm wanting to know the flow rate of the injectors and at what pressure. I've found that they're Denso 8LHCZ (029083219) injectors but can't find them listed on any of the denso site.

Cheers, Marc.

Michael Wilson

Any particular reason for wanting to know the flow? Most stock injectors produce enough fuel to run a turbo system

akeizm

I'm modifying these throttle bodies to put onto a smaller engine (which I am going to turbo charge) and just wanted to check whether I needed to swap injectors or not.

Michael Wilson

You should be fine with stock injectors.

Y

yellowfz

Manual says 71.1 psi is pressure check for the injectors, does not specify any other specs on the injectors.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Hey guys,

I've aquired a set of FZ6R Throttle Bodies from a 2009 model. I'm trying to find some specs on the Injectors and havn't had any luck. It seem like hours of searching turn up nothing about the injectors, or it's like they don't exist.

I'm wanting to know the flow rate of the injectors and at what pressure. I've found that they're Denso 8LHCZ (029083219) injectors but can't find them listed on any of the denso site.

Cheers, Marc.
Try these guys, lot of the gear heads use them; Custom Fuel Injectors, Flow Matched | FiveOMotorsport, shoot them a e-mail they can probably help you .
Or just do like Martin said, do a bench flow test.
Either way, please post info here for future reference to others.

Last edited by a moderator:

akeizm

My only option may be to get them flow tested. Tried contacting Denso and they've pretty much said we won't give out Yamaha's information.....it's just a flow rate for crying out loud.

ST3RL0

Had my FZ6R dragbike peaking at 92% duty cycle, so sent off an email to Yamaha Australia and this is their reply to our bikes flow rate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FWIW I'm pretty sure the pressure is NOT 71PSI! Look again, 36.6 PSI like the FZ6. The pump could hardly produce that pressure.

Im not sure if hot linking will work after server/software update but FZ6 injectors are a light orange. Like so:

ST3RL0

This is what Yamaha sent back to me. Being sub 200cc is pretty lackluster for a 600 though.
Fz6r injectors are the same.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk