Indy MotoGP 2011

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I'd love to meet you guys down there. It would be out of my way to try to catch your route, but I'd like to catch up with you all at the Speedway when you get there.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Seriously!!!??? I'll drive out of my way to meet up with you guys if it means a lap on the track! My dad would be so jealous!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really hoping I can convince my wife that we need to go!! I would love to make it over to Indy for the race!

Sage

I would love to go, but thats right after school starts............. epic sadface..

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Will you be back up in IL by then?

Ah come on Sage... this is MotoGP we're talking about... school can wait... who knows how long we'll get to keep MotoGP around. :)
I doubt I will be back in IL by race weekend, but it will be getting close to that time. If I am back, I will definitely ride over to Indy. If I am still in LA, I might try to plan an extended week off to ride anyways! :steve:

Heineken

Elite Member

ajskillz13

Just an FYI... with the addition of the new Texas track to the MotoGP schedule in 2013, this might be the second to last race in Indy for MotoGP.

These rumors are from a pretty good source from inside the Speedway. I'm hoping that this doesn't pan out to be true, but I figured I'd put it out there for any of you who live in the Midwest and were waffling about going this year.

I will be there for sure. I will be on my own schedule, but I will try to meet up with you all at some point.

Sparkxx1

How much would one budget for this? O_O

I wouldn't know if I was in until August though...Fack student budgets. Plus I'd take my girlfriend and probably leave August 21st spend time in Baltimore going to the aquarium/seeing the sights. Meet up on Thursday and come back Sunday. I wish :( Damnit...

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

So camping on sight, I take it you all are tenting? Im thinking of getting the wife to come with for this venture.

Who is all coming we should start a list?

Heineken

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Yeah, I'm not sure where our count is, but I have a small list of people with me.

Just found out Saturday at my b-day bash , one of our rider's brother lives 30 minutes from the track, so we'll probably camp at his house.
Lucky....:cool:

CrazyCawi

When do you guys plan on buying tickets? Do they give you numbered seats? Id like if we could all sit together in a general area together ya know?

Heineken

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

IGroup Benefits:
You and each member of your group will enjoy these special benefits* when purchasing 20 or more tickets:

$5 discount on Race Day tickets (Excludes $150 and $125 stands)
IMS Souvenir
Indianapolis Motor Speedway Centennial Era Cinch Bag
A 10-percent discount coupon valid at participating IMS Retail locations
Backstretch parking for your personal motorcycle
Parade lap on your personal motorcycle around the GP course*
Personal Group Sales Representative
Group name on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway video board
Special group block seating