Indianapolis MotoGP 2012 August 18-19, who is in?

Heineken

Elite Member

ajskillz13

I'm there! No excuse since I live an hour away! Father-in-law got a bike, so we'll have another family convoy going!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bmw675

Hopefully I'm able to go this year. Last years pictures/stories made me jealous. :(

CrazyCawi

Still up in the air... if I make it, I'll be in a cage... will have to see how other plans and finances go as it approaches. Had a blast last time and really want too, but will see as it gets closer
was alot of fun meeting you don
And bogdan :D

Wish I had my bike though :( But I met Marco and took a picture with him so all in all, it became the most unforgetable vacation :cool:

Heineken

Elite Member

Heineken

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

ajskillz13

Do we need to buy tickets in advance?
Iv only been to carb day, and 500 practices.
I just paid at the gate to get into the infield.

Any ticket advice?
You don't necessarily need tickets in advance. (Unless you want more expensive reserved seats in Turn 1) You can pay at the entrance. The motorcycle entrance last year was directly North of the track on 30th street. They will funnel you into the infield from there. Don't park anywhere else outside, this is the place to be!

I'd also suggest getting downtown for the night before the race. Bikes on Meridian is probably the coolest motorcycle gathering outside of Bike Week in Daytona.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

ajskillz13

You need to realize that this is MotoGP... not the Brickyard 400. There are thousands of bikers there who cherish their bikes as much as you do yours. You will be blown away at how courteous everyone is. Nobody messes with anyone's bike in the infield. I can't speak for any of the campsites etc., but it's not that big of a deal. It's the most civilized crowd of the three races in Indy.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member