In Need Of New Tires..Are bt21's Discountinued

oompa164

Hi I have a 13 fz6r which came factory with the bt021 on it. I have over 6k on these tires and I'll be looking to replace them. I am having a great deal of difficulty finding these tires. I have found the front but I can not find the rear in the 21s. I have heard that the 23s are the replacement. I have also been recommended the q3s because of the dual compound. I really want a good tire that will get the mileage my 21s did. Over all they were a great tire in all conditions. I'm not an overly aggressive rider because I mostly ride 2 up. So all suggestions are welcome. Motorcycle superstore definitely has the best prices but I don't know which will be best.

bmw675

If you are not riding overly aggressive, and mileage is a characteristic you are looking for, I wouldn't look at the q3's. Great tire, but it's designed for more aggressive demands.

tires are like oil. Everyone has their favorite, but MANY will work great. If I were in your position, I would look at the Michelin pilot roads.

Ravinx

Check out the pr4 for life and traction. great all around tire. Good for aggressive or not. long or short rides.

Nmexico

I am very surprised at how good the stock tires ride. I put on 320 miles on them so far and they have managed to perform better than imo Michelin Pilot Powers. The ease of how they flick to side to side is great along with ride quality.

pkoko

I am very surprised at how good the stock tires ride. I put on 320 miles on them so far and they have managed to perform better than imo Michelin Pilot Powers. The ease of how they flick to side to side is great along with ride quality.
This is a function of tire size and pressure. Tire compound plays no part assuming everything else is the same (bike, rider, road conditions etc). Skinnier tires are more flickable but have less traction. That is why Ninja 250/300 handle so well.

katai

I would go for a Michelin Pilotroad 4 if I were you . I have never tried but heard Pirelli Diablo are great tires as well

Nmexico

This is a function of tire size and pressure. Tire compound plays no part assuming everything else is the same (bike, rider, road conditions etc). Skinnier tires are more flickable but have less traction. That is why Ninja 250/300 handle so well.
Skinny tires feel better to me. If I ever move up to a Ninja 636 I would like to fit a 160 rear tire back there.

Gixerhp

The BT23's are the replacement, but if mileage is not a concern and you are looking for something a bit more aggressive,, the Dunlop Q3's are the bomb. Other than that the Bridgestone 23s' are basically the same as the 21's. Also a great mention here are Continentals attacks, or the Bridgestone S20's are similar to the Q3's

JBAX

I have a set of bt21s with 600 miles on em. Selling them cheap, as I put on Michelin pilot powers. PM me if interested.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member
If you want miles from a tire, stay away from the S20. Its a soft carcass with great grip but it won't last.

I'm a B'Stone fan and love the BT016 Pro, but it won't do high miles either. The BT023 is also on its way out in favor of the T30. The T30 could get you there miles wise, but the PR's are a shoe-in...

If you run fairly aggressively, want grip at all angles, the BT016 Pro is great when paired with a BT023 rear, but expect to replace them in the 5 to 6,000 mile range. Some may go further but 7 is about the max in the canyon before the sides are gone.

iaminsider

I run the Bridgestone T30 front and rear. So far 4500 miles on the front tire and 1000 on the rear. Happy with them so far.