I'll be the 1st

fz6rwolf

Ok, let's start using these new topics. I have the Dunnie stocks, anyone have the other brand stocks? and what do ya'll think of the stock they put on? I think for dry pavement the stocks seem pretty good but the times I've got caught in the rain they seem very squirrely (misspell I think.) When it comes time to change I've heard Pirrelli are good but don't last as long as others. Any opinions? and hey, how's about a thanks or two, I'm feeling lonely without any:rolleyes: LOL

O-turn

Partier
Has anyone gone wider (I know noone has that many miles yet, but maybe it can fire up the convo at least) on the rear tire? Id love to put more rubber on the road!

fz6rwolf

I don't think I want to go wider, from all the reviews pretty much the consences is the narrower rear makes it easier to flick around in corners (not that I'm good enough yet to really flick it around). I feel sick to death the last few days as I've been out from work since Thursday with a sciatic nerve injury and don't have to go back until Wedsnesday and for once the weather has been BEAUTIFUL. I'm feeling better, less pain but don't want to take the chance of going riding and having the excrutiating pain come back as being out 4 work days has about used up my vacation time (just started this job end of March). I just developed this sciatica about a month ago, it got pretty much better (except for numbness in my left foot) then last week acted up and couldn't stay at work because my job I'm on my feet and bending alot. I've been seeing the bike sitting there in the driveway and hearing bikes all day and just want to get out there!!!!!!!!

stroke

i have the bridgestone tires.. their great.. i would like to go wider in the rear mayber up to a 190, i think you can go that high without any modifications to the swingarm...

O-turn

Partier
I see both of your points, I like the look of a meaty rear tire, but LOVE the twistys. After that review about the rain issue Im hoping I dont have to deal with that!

fz6rwolf

That's not with stock rim though right? I wouldn't mind going 180 maybe as that's still a popular size but don't want to screw up alignment with wider rim wouldn't it screw up alignment of chain and sprocket?

fz6rwolf

I see both of your points, I like the look of a meaty rear tire, but LOVE the twistys. After that review about the rain issue Im hoping I dont have to deal with that!
At some point everyone gets caught in the rain, just have to leave more room and remember that roads get slick with oil and grease coming up to the top of the water.

MNDZA

i have the bridgestone tires.. their great.. i would like to go wider in the rear mayber up to a 190, i think you can go that high without any modifications to the swingarm...
We cannot put anything wider than what we already have on our rear wheel because the wheel is not wide enough. I already checked everything and it is not recommended at all.

cbzdel

whats the rain issue you are referring to?? I went on a 8 hour ride last week and about 50% of it was in the rain and I didnt have any problems, and I wanted to push it to see what I could handle in the rain and I was VERY impressed! I have to add I dont mean I was dragging knee in corners in the rain or anything, but I was just testing the tires within my limits.. The gripped the road VERY well IMO in the wet conditions, but if you were to hit a tar strip the front tire would slide on it!

O-turn

Partier
whats the rain issue you are referring to?? I went on a 8 hour ride last week and about 50% of it was in the rain and I didnt have any problems, and I wanted to push it to see what I could handle in the rain and I was VERY impressed! I have to add I dont mean I was dragging knee in corners in the rain or anything, but I was just testing the tires within my limits.. The gripped the road VERY well IMO in the wet conditions, but if you were to hit a tar strip the front tire would slide on it!
Sounds good to me! I havent ridden in the rain at all, Im trying to avoid it, but good to know Ill be able to navigate through it.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Also, in the rain, be sure to avoid lane striping and markings. The turn arrows get slick as snot in the rain!!

Roaddawg

One of the deals my dealer gave me was "free tires for life". I just have to pay the labor. (about $40-60). That was one of the selling points being that I've started to commute on it 5 days a week, 102 miles a day!

cbzdel

One of the deals my dealer gave me was "free tires for life". I just have to pay the labor. (about $40-60). That was one of the selling points being that I've started to commute on it 5 days a week, 102 miles a day!
never heard that one before!! good negotiation!

Tijeras505

I have the Bridgestones and have been caught in Summer downpours on the freeway at 65 mph. The bike was totally solid and I had no concerns about handling whatsoever.

I just get pissed when I have to wash the bike and lube the chain....