Icon Shield Locking System

iSpoolin

So I got in my Icon Alliance Torrent Helmet and DS shield from TJ at RidersDiscount yesterday (Helmets MSRP is $225, shields was $40, I got it all for $205 shipped!, which is why I only buy from TJ lol):

I LOVE the helmet, it fits great, feels great, I couldn't fog it up when I tried. (Sadly this all took place in my living room as it's 20 degrees here :laugh: )

However, the only thing I can't stand about the helmet is the shield locking system. I do like it for the fact that it seems very safe, and I wouldn't worry about the shield opening in a crash if latched. However it is EXTREMELY hard to open the shield from the locked position.

I think the shield needs a bigger tab so you can actually get the leverage needed in order to open the shield semi easily.

However the helmets brand new, and it may wear down and becoming easier after a little while. If anybody has experience with this system it would be appreciated if you would chime in :nod:

I'll post up some good pics of the helmet for you guys later, that aren't stock pics, since there really isn't any online lol

WhiteFZ

So I got in my Icon Alliance Torrent Helmet and DS shield from TJ at RidersDiscount yesterday (Helmets MSRP is $225, shields was $40, I got it all for $205 shipped!, which is why I only buy from TJ lol):

I LOVE the helmet, it fits great, feels great, I couldn't fog it up when I tried. (Sadly this all took place in my living room as it's 20 degrees here :laugh: )

However, the only thing I can't stand about the helmet is the shield locking system. I do like it for the fact that it seems very safe, and I wouldn't worry about the shield opening in a crash if latched. However it is EXTREMELY hard to open the shield from the locked position.

I think the shield needs a bigger tab so you can actually get the leverage needed in order to open the shield semi easily.

However the helmets brand new, and it may wear down and becoming easier after a little while. If anybody has experience with this system it would be appreciated if you would chime in :nod:

I'll post up some good pics of the helmet for you guys later, that aren't stock pics, since there really isn't any online lol
I had a Scorpion EXO400. Wanted to try a better known brand. I went with an Icon Alliance. Wore it for 3 or 4 months. I went back to a Scorpion.

FZ6R66

I have an Airframe helmet. Same issue. It is kind of hard to pop it open. It serves a purpose locking it tight, but is hard to open under normal conditions. You could drill the hole through a little larger.

Striker 815

I got an icon alliance for my first helmet. It fits my head awesome and although the latch is kinda gimmicky I still like it. At first it was very hard to open, it took one hand to hold the helmet and the other to pry up on the tab.

After riding for a full season it is at the point where one hand can easily open it, but it still it a tight close.

For the price of the helmet I think its pretty darn good.