I got the ASUS G75!!!

FazerWest

Just wanted to give you all alittle first impression on the new ASUS G75 with 3rd generation i7 Ivy-Bridge!!!!, it came out may 1st, i picked it up at best buy its a gaming specific laptop so far I am very impressed, the laptop runs very cool even after playing world of warcraft and diablo 3 for SEVERAL hours. I was turned off of laptops for gaming until this one came out, they use the Kepler chip which makes the graphics card run very cool! and use less energy! I do have it on a zalman laptop cooler as well though. for those that dont know these are the specs...

•Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM processor
Features a 6MB L3 cache and 2.3GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz.
•Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Features 8-way processing for ultimate smart performance. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology delivers extra performance when you need it and increased energy efficiency when you don't.
•8GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 16GB.
•Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media.
•17.3" high-definition display
Showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.
•1TB hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
•NVIDIA GTX 660M graphics
Feature dedicated video memory for lush images. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.
•Built-in 2.0MP webcam
Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends.
•8-in-1 media reader
Supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, SmartMedia and xD-Picture Card formats.
•4 USB 3.0 ports
For fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
•Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11n)
Connect to the Internet without wires.
•Integrated 10/100/1000 Mbps Fast Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector for quick and easy wired Web connection.
•Weighs 9.2 lbs. and measures just 2" thin
For portable power. Backlit keyboard allows easy typing, even in low-light conditions.
•Long battery life
Of up to 4 hours and 36 minutes to give you more time away from an outlet.

From a gaming aspect, it has a matte screen (YAY!) It rocks skyrim on "recommended" ULTRA settings. Diablo 3 maxed out sits pretty at around 150fps, world of warcraft on ultra at 170-230fps(even in SW & Org), has a fan under the case that you can open up take the filter off and clean it, mega cool! also has a timer on the laptop to remind you to check the fan filter.

Has a subwoofer on the bottom as well! I've never seen a laptop with a subwoofer LOL its awesome, so awesome sometimes i get scared when i kill a beast and it vibrates haha!!! people have complained about the speakers but i love them so far.

Has a backlit keyboard which is great since I have a night schedule and am always playing in the dark! I did get the 2 year black tie plan plus the tech support (they give u a new battery and ac adaptor after the first year free!!) for a great deal also includes accidental protection!

The laptop is blazing fast, not too heavy, and the track pad is multi touch!! I honestly dont know how they are selling the laptop at best buy for $1249.00 that is a killer deal for this laptop, so if you game check this bad boy out! I am LOVING it.

Last edited:

Xanroth

Nah yer not ;) I still play Everquest haha and thats a nice rig! Im waiting for the new imacs with ivy bridge ;)

Szajko

My laptop wont play D3 so I bought D2 to play again :(
Upgrade so we can play D3! I never played the other ones, but I just got it a few days ago.

Blueraven

I just got done with a Diablo III LAN party this weekend. A friend of mine hosted it and it was a blast. I am jealous of you Fazer, I wish I had an awesome laptop instead of a desktop. No fun lugging a desktop to the party.
I must say I am surprised that D2 fans aren't enjoying D3. I played both and I think it is an upgrade to D2. It pretty much plays the same, but they removed some features that were not all that desirable in the second one. Such as not being able to remove gems from Socket-ed items without destroying them and such. All in all it was well designed.

P.S. I hope they bring back the druid class in an expansion.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

CrazyCawi

LOL this is true!! Too many toys all at one time!!!! it's finally getting HOT out, ugh the next video i do will be me talking about vegas heat with a black 6r, and how to master riding without passing out!!! :D
just ride naked...that will give us all a full understanding of how to stay hot yet keep cool :D

M

mas4489

Asus, Intel, NVidia... can't get better than that.
it's always nice to find a good deal on a badass machine.