Hydro Dipped yellow FZ6R, now purple

saint mucus

Had our 09 yellow FZ6R hydro dipped. Just got it back from Dips Custom Coatings. I love it! I should wait to post until I have better pics but I'll just add them later when I have time to take some. Here it is anyway.

mike

Not a big fan of purple, but damn that looks pretty good. I like the graphics! How much did that cost you?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

saint mucus

Thanks, I'm happy with the way it turned out. Had a deal with my daughter I picked the graphics she picked the color. The only say I had in the color was if it's going to be purple I wanted it dark it came out perfect.

Not too worried about the desert sun our bikes are kept in the garage when they're the road plus we take care of them. As for the price it's kind of expensive but a lot went into it. This was a candy so a light color paint was put down then the purple then the graphics and then the clear coats. This clear coat has pearl mixed in, in the sunlight it actually changes colors. Your looking at around $2500 you may be able to get it done cheaper but you know how it goes with custom work you get what you pay for.

brownwa

That looks really really nice. But what's hydro dipping? To a clueless person like my I'm picturing the whole bike being lowered into a giant vat of paint.

saint mucus

Gotta love Captain Spalding's fried chicken. Devils Rejects is a all time favorite. Love the graphics bud.
Yeah man my favorite movie too. Check it out, my wife and I took a road trip one weekend from Lake Havasu City AZ to the coast we went two hour out of our way to make my pilgrimage to the Kahiki Palms Motel. Also got to see Captain Spalding's gas station from "House of a 1000 corpses" it's in the same area.

catdoc

Thanks, I'm happy with the way it turned out. Had a deal with my daughter I picked the graphics she picked the color. The only say I had in the color was if it's going to be purple I wanted it dark it came out perfect.

Not too worried about the desert sun our bikes are kept in the garage when they're the road plus we take care of them. As for the price it's kind of expensive but a lot went into it. This was a candy so a light color paint was put down then the purple then the graphics and then the clear coats. This clear coat has pearl mixed in, in the sunlight it actually changes colors. Your looking at around $2500 you may be able to get it done cheaper but you know how it goes with custom work you get what you pay for.
$2500!!! That is half the value of the bike.

Last edited:

saint mucus

$2500 is more the half of what I paid for that one. Gave $3800 for it with 9000 miles.

xorbe

That looks really really nice. But what's hydro dipping? To a clueless person like my I'm picturing the whole bike being lowered into a giant vat of paint.
Go to youtube and search "hydro dipping" ... one demo video better than any explanation we could write.

saint mucus

We finally got time to take it for a ride and take some better pics

saint mucus

Even more surprising to me then! I think I would have wrapped it instead.
I'm with you brother. If I had a couple grand to blow on motorcycles I would probably buy a fixer upper to tinker with. A sports bike, cruiser or bagger doesn't matter I've never met a bike I didn't like. I guess what I should have said was for the amount of work that went into this paint job your looking at around a couple grand, didn't say that's what I paid :thumbup: Sorry for beating around the bush but made a promise I would keep it to myself.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

saint mucus

Still going through the pics we took on our first ride since we got it back. You really have to see the bike in person to appreciate the work that was done to it. You can kind of see how deep the paint looks in this pic.

buzzbomb

Elite Member