How to get rid of back firing?

Lspain1994

Just installed full two brothers system on my bike today, along with juicebox pro. Come to find out i noticed a lot of popping when decelerating. I've loaded maps into the juice box and already tried them out but it still seems so be there, almost like it did not improve. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Lspain1994

Juicebox didn't come with any. Didn't even know of anything like that until I started troubleshooting my problem today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lspain1994

Did you I still ais block off plates?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Is there any DIY fix that i can do while waiting for block offs to come in?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Lspain1994

Not that I know of. Block offs won't get rid of 100 percent, but it will get rid of most.

So I take it, it's not as easy as unplugging a hose from the air box?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Lspain1994

It's not hard. Gotta disconnect the Airbox and remove air intake system. The block off plates mount in their place and one little tube to block off a hose that gets deleted. Wasn't hard to do.

Sounds good, its a shame I have to tear the bike apart again just to get rid of the popping. Wish i would of known about these plates. I thought I did enough research on it too haha. Thanks for the advice!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Lspain1994

Just cap off the hose on the RH side of the airbox. Make sure you block the hose and airbox side so the dust don't go in the airbox. Look at my website and get the RevA map from the tech support page. That should fix most of your issues.
Thanks Martin, the maps you suggested aren't able to open up with my juice box software it seems. i will give that a shot tomorrow though. Any suggestions on what I can cap the air box with?

EDIT: Got maps to work. Woop

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Lspain1994

Whatever you can stuff in the hose will work. Bolt, wood plug... even duct tape thr airbox part and connecting the hose back over the tape will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I believe I found the hose you were referring to, right hand side closer to the handle bars? A larger sized hose? Not the smaller ones towards the rear end of the bike?
s

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

Okay, there is a terminology issue with this post.

Your bike is not "back firing" What you are actually experiencing is "After Fire" or popping in your exhaust.

A true back fire will ruin an engine with a quickness and can cause some serious issues with burning up your intake system, and the bike...

A back fire travels backwards through the system as in comes out the intake system.

And After Fire is just that After the system, as in in the exhaust.

After Fire is caused by exhaust gasses igniting in your exhaust system giving you that popping sound as you decelerate. The reason you are blocking off those tubes into your intake system is because they are letting excess gasses get into the system and be expelled out the exhaust leading to the popping.

If you had a real backfire you would hear it coming from your intake system where it would be gasses exploding in your intake, this is normally caused by valves not being aligned properly and ignited gases from the cylinder are getting past the valve and igniting fumes in the intake system. Also could be a sign of bad timing in ignition of spark and a few other things. All are bad, very bad....

After Fire isn't that big of an issue though, some people like it while others don't. I personally don't mind a little bit but there is a point when it gets excessive...

Ricenoodle

you're running into the same questions i had when i first started modding. Use my thread for reference. http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/air-scoop-led-ais-block-offs-install-29652/?highlight=ricenoodle+ais. Blockoffs will block about 90% popping noises and you can load Marthy's Rev A maps on a Juicebox. Just remember when you open to select file, select the right type in the drop down file box and it'll show and load. I've ran the regular and my own modified version of it with flames coming out every shift for a year now. No issues. Reverted back to the original since i was gaining too much attention on base each time i shift.