How do you remove the front wheel??

Yone

I have a set of front/rear stands, but the front stand does not allow enough clearance for me to pull out the wheel bolt to let the wheel slip out of the forks...

Also, after loosening the bolt I noticed that when I spun the front wheel I could hear a grinding sound...like the rotor rubbing against the brake pads - is this normal?! Now I'm sweating that I've screwed the front up and won't be able to ride it until I can get it to a shop :confused: :( :eek:

FitZ6R

I have a set of front/rear stands, but the front stand does not allow enough clearance for me to pull out the wheel bolt to let the wheel slip out of the forks...:
Not sure if I'm picturing this right, but if the stand brackets are positioned correctly, there should be enough clearance (example photo attached). You could add a spacer under the fork end if you need just a bit more.

Also, after loosening the bolt I noticed that when I spun the front wheel I could hear a grinding sound...like the rotor rubbing against the brake pads - is this normal?!
Brake drag is normal. I'd describe it as a "scraping" sound, rather than "grinding," but as long as the brakes work and the rotors look OK, I bet you're fine.

Attachments

cbzdel

which stand do you have? I have plenty of access with my HF stand..

If you need to borrow it we can set something up..

Yone

Hmmm...guess my stand wasn't designed all that well.

As you can see the bolt hits the top of the stand post...However, if I get it stood up on the very back corner of the forks I might have just enough clearance.

Last edited:

Yone

which stand do you have? I have plenty of access with my HF stand..

If you need to borrow it we can set something up..
Thanks cbzdel, but I've averted the problem this time. I wanted to take the front wheel off to paint the forks, but I ended up just masking everything off and painting around it. Turned out good...I'll post more pics in the mod section.