Honda CBR500r announced

BKP

Looks like a killer @ $5500.
Seems the new Ninja 300 just got served...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Goodbye FZ6R, hello CBR500!
I don't think the CBR is an upgrade at all to the FZ... More of a downgrade.

Barely any lighter than the FZ. Only a single rotor front brake. Only around 50 hp. Parallel twin motor = not as smooth and buzzy/vibrations.

FZ6R is far superior in every way in my opinion.

SAFE-T

Goodbye FZ6R, hello CBR500!
If you value ABS over power, OK.

My wife had a GS500F which had similar specs as Honda's new CBR500. It was at a serious disadvantage running with a group of larger-displacement bikes that could pass other traffic at will. Sure, I would have just flogged the crap out of it and kept up but for a more conservative rider it's pretty stressful to have to push an underpowered bike that hard.

And it's not because they were going hyper-speed, although they did ride in the 80-90mph range at times. It's because this is pretty close to the maximum performance of a 500cc twin. Imagine you are passing slower traffic on two-lane mountain roads where safe passing spots were short, with a kilometer or two between them. If you are going to pass you need to do it now, because by the time you get another chance the riders ahead of you are already a distance down the road and wondering why you are no longer behind them.

I'm not saying the CB500 is dead in the water, but only a wacky few will buy one thinking it can do everything the FZ6R does.

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

nice of Honda to be making new models. just hope their engine is better than the Ninja500, those things vibrate way too much

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

DragonBlu

I checked out the new little CBR250R at our local shop this weekend. It's a good looking little bike. IMO a good starter bike for people. I'm not a fan of those new style big three sided mufflers on any bike, so that's a minus for me. All in all a nice looking ride if you like small.

RoadTrip

I still be shopping liter bikes, but I also understand the appeal of less expensive options, glad to see some gaps are being filled.

Now, they just need to create more bikes between 600cc and 1000cc.

gibbo

The XJ6N(L) is my first bike and is learner approved in Aust and was bought cause it was one of the most powerfull in the learner class for its style. I was looking at a 300 but so glad I didn't as even on the 600 I'm wanting more power for safer over taking (mind you its still limited like a 300 but halls my fat *** much quicker)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk