Highbeam doesnot work

fz6rowner

Highbeam does not light up, but normal headlight works fine. Highbeam indicator on the dashboard turns on fine. How do I go about addressing this issue? Thanks.

Just_Jim

Replace the bulb. The high beam is probably burned out, especially if you ride with your high beam on during the day.

fz6rowner

Replace the bulb. The high beam is probably burned out, especially if you ride with your high beam on during the day.
Is the https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-H4-Standard-Halogen-Bulb/dp/B01BDWRAK6/ref=dp_ob_title_auto?th=1 I assume any H4 bulb would fit FZ6R, but wattage is OEM bulb? Is High Wattage - 100/55W compatible/recommended, or would it be too much load on the battery? I dont do much night riding, just looking for a bulb that has long life. I am not sure whether it is needed, but I have the high beam on all the time.

BluePill

55 low/60 high is stock. Wiring and switch are really limited and I would not go higher. If you want better light, consider an LED conversion.

MrFrzZ

I had an LED bulb in mine and I really dont think the light output was that much better. If I were to recommend an alternative, I would say bite the bullet and install an HID kit.

Rumpig

I had an LED bulb in mine and I really dont think the light output was that much better. If I were to recommend an alternative, I would say bite the bullet and install an HID kit.
I tried LED, low beam was better high beam was crap. Went back to standard.